Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: First real drive
smart51

posted on 21/1/06 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
First real drive

Having sorted my clutch slip and fueling problems this week a sunny Saturday has come just at the right time. A and B roads are dull and straight with too many grandads doing 50 MPH in their diesels. Twisty ungraded roads, bike engine, 2nd gear, full throttle. Fantastic.

To all those people who started building there Vortxes before me and who haven't finished yet (Roger), get a move on. You REALLY want to.

[Edited on 21-1-2006 by smart51]

RichieC

posted on 21/1/06 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats on wrapping up the problems.

I just cant wait to get mine underway, but gutted its only going to be for about a fortnight before Im out of the country for 2 months, I bet theyll really drag

Congrats again
Rgds

Rich

Winston Todge

posted on 21/1/06 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
Well done mate! You taken it down to the rolling road yet? Any figures?

Finally sorted the security in the new garage today so hopefully next week will be able move the kit down to Bristol and start a-building!

Chris.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
smart51

posted on 21/1/06 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
The rolling road at TTS is being refurbished at the mo so no BHP data yet. That speedo counts up the MPH really fast and on a wide open road it's easy to go way too fast. The red line = 73 in 2nd according to the theory and it the sprint is over in no time at all.

It could be a bit quicker though

Peteff

posted on 21/1/06 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Plural of Vortx

Is it vortices?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

RichieC

posted on 21/1/06 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe Vortics as there is no e in Vortx ??

Rich

Dillinger1977

posted on 21/1/06 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
haha, make it worse why dont you!!
do you think i like still being in the garage instead of blatting about the countryside!!? swine!!

I am getting back into it recently though.. been furtling again today. once i get the wiring done and the engine fired up I cant see there being
too much left to do.

very glad to hear youve got it all sorted and working right though, it must be a great feeling.

now pick a few B-roads on the way up to manchester so I can finally HEAR a bec, and show me how to wire the R1 up

congrats!

-Rog

smart51

posted on 21/1/06 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dillinger1977
now pick a few B-roads on the way up to manchester so I can finally HEAR a bec, and show me how to wire the R1 up

My family live not too far from Manchester and I'll be taking it up there to show them once I've got a few miles on it and am sure that nothing is going to drop off. I'm sure I could pop over and take you out for a blat.

Daft Lad Picko

posted on 21/1/06 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats on getting it sorted (I have just posted something on the BEC forum about clutch plates on your thread, obviously feckin' useless info now you're on the road). Is yours a 5JJ engine, if so I'd be interested to hear what back wheel power you're getting, when you get it rolling roaded. It'll give me sumert to look forward to.

Cheers

Neil

There are two prices....the real one and the one you tell the wife!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.