Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: attack on user
graememk

posted on 21/1/06 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
attack on user

I have been a member of this site for about a month and have found 99% of its member incredibly helpful and full of knowledge

However after placing a small joke which may of offended a few bullies amongst the members I’m now getting called an idiot, a bastard etc and sent horrible u2u’s just because I suggested to vent a pipe to the road to annoy the bikers? God as if I would do, if I wanted to annoy bikers I’d think of a much better way

I cant see why people have to take something like this so seriously, I could point out many other threads and comments in threads much worse then what I said.

Anyway due to the amount of name calling and bitching I will be leaving the forum as the whole reason I joined was to make new friends for meets etc not make enemies and most certainly wasn’t for a spelling test every time I write on the site

Please see a few of the comments below

thanks for your replies. on my comments

"motorbikes safety. . .. humph i'm going to set mine to spill on the road now "

if anyone one here thinks that any of the responsible people that contribute to this side would do a thing like that in real life i am shocked, i am not a member of this side so that i can receive abuse not only on a thread but also on u2u.

to that person you must be the idiot if you think i would deliberately make the road dangerous for any road user not just bikes

bad joke eh ? i bet i could find 1000's of jokes in even poorer taste than that one.

this forum is a useful utility for many car builders who join for information and help not to be called an idiot or further still sent nasty u2u's.

and yes i do own a bike bmw 1100 twin, not a sports bike i know but it hurts just as much when you fall off.

maybe the alterations many of you make after building and sva'ing your car is far more dangerous then my suggestion only of letting my breather vent into the road.

A lot of my friends are bikers, one or two of which have been knocked off in the past by people in cars who werent paying attention.
I too shall be taking my bike test soon. And I hope I never come across you in a car whilst riding you inconsiderate b****r.

I'm a motorcyclist.
and I know how to spell. What's safty?

Hi
"safty" or is derivative spelling is what we used to provide our students when I used to teach Tae-Kwondo to protect them from kicking shi* out of each other,
"Graememk" would you like to attend a training session ? I would only allow you to spar with the bluebelts for 5 minutes
Regards
Mark

I say live and let live NO MATTER who it is on the road EVERYONE has the right to be safe ,biker,chav,dic*head like graememk even. the fact that you buy a burberry cap means nothing well not to me anyway, it was this ti* that started compartmenting people. as long as EVERY road user leaves me alone I will do the same.
I will bend over backwards to help anyone but I refuse to be bent over forwards by them, that when i get piss**
Regards
Mark

Whilst I hardly need to point this out as so many have already, I just can't let this pass.
You are an idiot - you clearly have never ridden a bike or if you have, you have no concept of being a safe road user.
the idea of someone with that sort of attitude being in charge of a high performance car like the one you have scares me and everyone else here.
You should sell your car now and stay on public transport.
And for your information bikers are generally much better car drivers than people who only drive cars.

rayward

posted on 21/1/06 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote

"yes i do own a bike bmw 1100 twin, not a sports bike i know but it hurts just as much when you fall off. ".

should have known what a daft comment it was then really eh?.

flak monkey

posted on 21/1/06 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
If indeed it was a joke, which it certainly did not, and still doesnt seem like, then it was in appalling taste.

Make a comment like that, and I am not surpised to the responses you got. I know I was one who posted in the thread, but I still stand by my comment.

There are jokes which are plainly jokes, many of which are in bad taste, which is ok, as it is obviously a joke! However, that doesnt come across as a joke at all, and so was just a stupid comment to make really.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

UncleFista

posted on 21/1/06 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rayward

"yes i do own a bike bmw 1100 twin, not a sports bike i know but it hurts just as much when you fall off. ".

should have known what a daft comment it was then really eh?.

Errr, he was invited to have his arse kicked, sworn at, and generally sprayed with vitriol 'cos he missed out a smiley on a throwaway "joke".

I'm pretty sure he realises how important a smiley is now. I've seen loads of posts with missed smileys or daft comments but none have drawn as quick or as nasty retorts.

Dunno how everyone who slated him thought he was being serious. Seemed obvious to me, anyone who drives a 7 would realise what a danger oil spilled on the road could be....

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

OX

posted on 21/1/06 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
graememk

i wouldnt let it bother you.

Peteff

posted on 21/1/06 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Small joke.

I'm a motorcyclist.
and I know how to spell. What's safty?
Small retaliation,
it didn't upset me enough to send anything personal Graeme. I do think a few people took it a bit more seriously though but if your car was breathing enough oil to fetch me off my bike I doubt you'd get far in it anyway. The hat I wore in the car earned me the name Papa Smurf so I'm not going to call anyone for wearing a Burberry cap . I would not resort to basic name calling or personally contacting anyone to put them down, if anything on here affected me in a detrimental way I would stop coming here ( and sign on under a different name to call people back )

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

graememk

posted on 21/1/06 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
as i said i joined to make friends with nice people, most of you seem ok and helpful.

the rest are narrow minded bullies,

wouldn’t it of been better to send me a nice U2U saying hey there mate you forgot the happy face in your post ? or people on here of lesser intelligence might think your serious.

mookaloid

posted on 21/1/06 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I'm pretty sure he realises how important a smiley is now. I've seen loads of posts with missed smileys or daft comments but none have drawn as quick or as nasty retorts.

Dunno how everyone who slated him thought he was being serious. Seemed obvious to me, anyone who drives a 7 would realise what a danger oil spilled on the road could be....

It wasn't that he missed out a smiley - it was that he put 2 angrys in

It could hardly have looked more serious

mookaloid

posted on 21/1/06 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
I see he has now edited his original post and seems to have deleted the angrys
flak monkey

posted on 21/1/06 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
It wasn't that he missed out a smiley - it was that he put 2 angrys in

It could hardly have looked more serious

That was my point about it not appearing to be a joke...

Bullies, no. I wouldnt hurt a fly. But couldnt let a comment like that pass, as I know a few others couldnt either.

Must point out, I didnt send any U2U's either.

Sera

graememk

posted on 21/1/06 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
no i havent, its the same as it always has been. even left my spelling there for you all.

although i did mean to put in happies

[Edited on 21/1/06 by graememk]

OX

posted on 21/1/06 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
CaLviNx
it wouldnt go a miss if you left as well,may be you could come back under a different name but with a little less mouth

[Edited on 21/1/06 by OX]

Jon Ison

posted on 21/1/06 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Come on boys, share a pint, shake hands, smile and enjoy the rest of the too short a time we have on this planet.

rayward

posted on 21/1/06 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Well said I will be bartender *hands everyone whatever they want to drink* even graememk & Ox

bottle o stella please barman!!!

Ray

flak monkey

posted on 21/1/06 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
Is it safe to post a botle of JD?

I have no intention of arguing any more. There is no point. I still do not believe it was a joke, and believe my comments are still justified, hence they are staying. If I thought it was now a joke I would have retracted the comments and apologised.

David

Sera

OX

posted on 21/1/06 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
cool have an opinion but calling people a tit or dickhead doesnt do much for you..
cheers i'll have a pint of the top shelf,theres a minger in the corner that needs a seeing to

froggy

posted on 21/1/06 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
getting confused is this barryboys .co or what
rayward

posted on 21/1/06 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
ahhh, mingers in corners...............

happy days.

Ray

Guinness

posted on 21/1/06 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Minger in the corner that needs sorting Ox? Go ugly early and beat the rush!

Mike

OX

posted on 21/1/06 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
pmsl
steve_gus

posted on 21/1/06 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
i had missed that thread, but i really dont see how you can possibly be suprised that people attacked you - its clearly meant to be taken seriously by the you used.

Ive got into several squabbles in the 5 years ive been on boards like this but NEVER did it result in multiple users emailing or slagging as they have you.

Quite an acheivment.

In 12 years of being a net user, its always been a trait of someone who knows they are wrong to attack the spelling of someone who disagrees with them.

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
steve m

posted on 21/1/06 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
As Steve G has just said, I have also on occasions got myself into hot water, over comments ive made, but never to this extent

I am not commenting on wether it was a joke or not

why not bow down, and applogise for your post, as in your eyes it was meant as a joke or not to offend

[Edited on 22/1/06 by steve m]

DarrenW

posted on 21/1/06 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
Im not a biker, i dont like bikes (or at least my perception of the dangers). I have the upmost respect for bikers. I do however like the idea of bikes so built a se7en copy. I also took offence at the post but was satisfied that the protests covered my disgust. I for one wouldnt like to get caught up in an oil slick in my hobby car. As said befor efew people blame a lubricant assisited spin on a driver who didnt vent crankcase into a catch tank but to purposely say that not doing so was to cause others harm is without doubt in bad taste.

Dont leave the site Graeme. Youve already said it was meant to be a joke. Put this down to experience and a reminder that written word doesnt show facial expression. Im sure next time you will select the correct emoticon. Maybe the abgry one's were selected in error.

Jon's suggestion of a digital pint and hand shake is most sensible.

Lets forget it now and move on.

steve_gus

posted on 21/1/06 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
i nearly crashed my jag xj-s on a curve once as the road had diesel all over it from an overfilled truck rounding the bend. Its not just bikers that could come a cropper - it could be you.

Tougth it out and stay on the forum.

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gazza285

posted on 21/1/06 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
I've sent graememk a U2U and thought I'd post it here as it is how I feel about this forum at the minute.

"Tell them all to get f####d from me, I can't see what all the fuss is about. It seems to me that there is a few people on this site that do not understand irony, or indeed any other forms of humour.

It also seems to me that there are too many people on here are just here for the company, not to answer actual questions that you might have, seeing as they neither have the experience of building or the knowledge to comment, and some just seem to post to get their post count up. Be careful what you read as some of the information is quite frankly shite, but you'll soon learn who knows what they are on about and who is talking regurgitated bullshit.

Good luck.

Gaz."

[Edited on 23/1/06 by gazza285]

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.