Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: new website
marc n

posted on 28/1/06 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
new website

hi all just a quick note the new website ( very kindly designed by roger bacon and looks great ) will be online end of next week, with all the updates on kits and components as 90 % of the current website is out of date or incorrect including most pictures

in another 4 weeks the new online store will open enabling credit card transactions, and once again we will be able to supply book components and many other locost parts including dedion rear beam assemblies

This is all possible due to continued investment in new machinery and staff at mnr

best regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 28/1/06 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
excellent news marc. Hows the work load looking at the min? Theres still a couple of things i could use, primarily a roll bar.
Iggy

posted on 28/1/06 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for replying to my email Marc, will wait for the new website to come online and hopefully arrange a visit to see the car. Just sold my Civic Type R, so I hope to be up there very soon!
RichieC

posted on 28/1/06 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
Thats great news Marc, top job Rog

Richie

JoaoCaldeira

posted on 31/1/06 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Nice look and feel!

Joao Caldeira

Winston Todge

posted on 31/1/06 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Great news!

Always thought the website could do with a little updating...

I think the biggest big up, should go out to Rog though! Well done mate. Good to know there's always people around doing good deeds.

Just got back from my brother's house where I'm putting the finishing touches to (his) my () garage. Just fitted two dead locks to the back door and finished the weather sealing. So all I've got left to do is fit the alarm and ceiling insulation (I like a toastie garage!) and then seal the floor!

Might actually start building next week! Woohooo!

Chris.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dillinger1977

posted on 31/1/06 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the comments chaps

now that its (nearly) done and dusted i can finally get back to working on the car

cheers!

-Rog

JoaoCaldeira

posted on 1/2/06 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
There is only one thing that makes hard reading: Capital Letters All The Time.
I think that regular text is more readable.

Joao Caldeira

JoelP

posted on 1/2/06 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
no prices show up when i look at it, like my screen is too small, but theres no scroll bar.
Dillinger1977

posted on 1/2/06 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoaoCaldeira
There is only one thing that makes hard reading: Capital Letters All The Time.
I think that regular text is more readable.

Joao Caldeira

lol, thats marc's doing!
i went through the old content taking the capitals off every word (drove me mad) and he's snuck a few back in.

joel: what screen res do you have? i'd say 1024*768 is bare minimum these days. 800*600 should work but wont be pretty, and it should still scroll so you can see everything.
i noticed that the prices have been taken off a lot of the pages, im guessing they are working on putting new ones in as the old ones were out of date.

-Rog

JoaoCaldeira

posted on 1/2/06 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dillinger1977

i went through the old content taking the capitals off every word (drove me mad) and he's snuck a few back in.

Just copy -> paste to word and use convert features

Joao

JoelP

posted on 1/2/06 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dillinger1977
joel: what screen res do you have? i'd say 1024*768 is bare minimum these days. 800*600 should work but wont be pretty, and it should still scroll so you can see everything.
i noticed that the prices have been taken off a lot of the pages, im guessing they are working on putting new ones in as the old ones were out of date.

ive got it on 1024x768, so i guess its just that the prices arent there! I found a few, but most pages have empty columns. Great site by the way

Iggy

posted on 1/2/06 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Are there any plans for a media section with owners video's available to download?
The website is looking smart by the way

Daft Lad Picko

posted on 2/2/06 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
A tad better than the website of old. Well done Rog!

Cheers

Neil

There are two prices....the real one and the one you tell the wife!

JoaoCaldeira

posted on 3/2/06 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
There are 2 different prices for the same item - VortX starter kit

Joao

marc n

posted on 3/2/06 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
still trying to update it inbetween everything else so lots of it still wrong at the moment,

best regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
G.Man

posted on 3/2/06 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
New site looks the nuts, I know marc had a good amateur attempt, but this has a much more polished professional feel and can only help future sales..

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

olv

posted on 3/2/06 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
really like the new design. navigation on the old site was a bit poor, this is much better
mnr laptop

posted on 5/2/06 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
well im 90% done probably another 100 parts to do then add all the prices and detail pics of the kit contents, and update some of the component pics, its taken me all weekend to get this far !!!!

like the idea of a video section will have to see how much web space we have

if any owners who frequent the forums have any car pics they would like putting in the owners section let me know, still trying to get some pictures from other owners / builders most of whom dont come on this forum

NS Dev

posted on 6/2/06 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
New website......best ave a look then!

Thought the old one was pretty damn good!!!

I don't really do the flash website thing, like ones that tell you what you need to know!!

Guess this will do that!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

NS Dev

posted on 6/2/06 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Once again MNR kicks competitor's ass!!!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

BKLOCO

posted on 8/2/06 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Are all MNR builders Sycophants?
It's just a bloody web site for fcuks sake.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

smart51

posted on 8/2/06 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BKLOCO
Are all MNR builders Sycophants

You'll find that NSDev is not an MNR builder.

NS Dev

posted on 8/2/06 at 11:48 PM Reply With Quote
Quite right! Building something book-ish using ST chassis, bodywork (mostly!) and bones etc but with a fair few home-brewed bits as well.

Any "sycophancy" is merely thinly disguised advertising which I feel strangely compelled to do when I receive outstanding service from somewhere/somebody.

If you really want me in over the top mode do a search for GB Engineering!!!

NS Dev

posted on 8/2/06 at 11:51 PM Reply With Quote
And hang on a bleedin' minute!!!

Most of us on here buy a lot of bits at least partially using websites, so no, it's not "just a website", it's one of MNR's primary customer contact points, so yep, it's pretty bleedin important.

Other reason that I take an interest in things on here in terms of fledgling companies is that my mate runs an "older" and more established company which you may have heard of (Ultima Sports) so I know how flipping hard work it is!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.