Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Race exhaust systems
jecuk

posted on 6/2/06 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
Race exhaust systems

Any suggestions on good suppliers of custom exhaust systems for a bike engined car. Around London (preferably Berks/Bucks/Oxfordshire).
ChrisGamlin

posted on 6/2/06 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
For a complete system Simpson Race Exhausts in Slough do some very high quality stuff, but it wont be cheap at around £7-800 for a custom manifold, plus £2-300 for a silencer.

Kissy

posted on 6/2/06 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
Powerspeed in Ashford, Kent. Bit further. I dropped the chassis w/engine fitted off one Saturday, and picked up the next. 300 quid for the s/s manifold. They sold me all the bits to make a silencer (inc. spun stainless end caps) for 70 quid.
Link to pic: http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=engine%20above%20l-h.JPG
I'd say not the best, but for the money it's good, and at least they kept the primaries equal length.

NS Dev

posted on 6/2/06 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisGamlin
For a complete system Simpson Race Exhausts in Slough do some very high quality stuff, but it wont be cheap at around £7-800 for a custom manifold, plus £2-300 for a silencer.

Will second that opinion, might be a tad less than that on price as well.

Shame it's still out of my price range, but the quality is unquestionable, absolutely superb.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

ChrisGamlin

posted on 6/2/06 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh might be, I based that on the approx price they gave me of ~£6-700+VAT for my R1 system when I made an enquiry this time last year, although that was only an over the phone estimate and I suspect prices may fluctuate depending on time of year - I bet at this time of year they are flat out with race stuff so may offer a cheaper price when they aren't so busy.

Im hopefully getting a silencer from them though, 7" x 29" with spun end caps, compared to other high quality repackable silencers on the market like Raceline and SBD their prices aren't bad, should come out at under £300.

[Edited on 6/2/06 by ChrisGamlin]

NS Dev

posted on 6/2/06 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
that sounds about what they quoted me "approx" at the autosport show.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

ned

posted on 6/2/06 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, as NS Dev knows, my car is booked in at Simpsons for mid March, quoted £750-800 inc silencer suggested @ 7" x 26".

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisGamlin

posted on 6/2/06 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Ah thats pretty good if it includes a silencer, Im sure when I asked the price was manifold only, or thats the impression I got.

Is that plus or including VAT?

Chris

[Edited on 6/2/06 by ChrisGamlin]

NS Dev

posted on 6/2/06 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
excl vat afaik

James

posted on 6/2/06 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ned
quoted £750-800 inc

Ned.

Zoiks!

You could just about buy an inverter, go on a TIG stainless college course, buy the stainless and hire a tube bender for that!

Atleast it'll look better than mine.... not difficult!!!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

ChrisGamlin

posted on 6/2/06 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
Ah but all the tools make a nice manifold not

Looking at these collectors, they really do a very nice job and you can see where the extra labour and skill goes in compared to the £300 off the shelf manifolds.

Chris

DarrenW

posted on 6/2/06 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
Id recommend you give Mac#1 a call for exhausts. My pinto stainless system is great and all in was less than £500. They have just been getting a new bender (tube bender that is!!!) and have produced some nice bike systems recently.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.