Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: NEW AVON FOR TRASHED CAT
hotshotbeans

posted on 11/2/06 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
NEW AVON FOR TRASHED CAT

THANX FOR THE GENT WHO SENT ME A CONTACT FOR A NEW KIT.......phoned the owner and sobbed my story which is sad and true....my friend john came up with a 1500£ offer for damage to cat.....so i will be placing a deposit on avon (orange) nice!!!!!!!until john legs it to bank to squeeze bankmanager for a loan........off tommorrow morning to see and pay .......cool news guys

Dear God smashed the mold once he cast me realizing he really had done it this time!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ed_crouch

posted on 11/2/06 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Eh, wot?!?!?!

Has your "mate" come up trumps and done the decent thig???

Ed.

I-iii-iii-iii-ts ME!

Hurrah.

www.wings-and-wheels.net

hotshotbeans

posted on 11/2/06 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
hmmmm lets see the colour of the pound notes

he has said he will give me a grand...and pay the rest off as he gets it to the value of 1500 better than nothing and im pleased he is making the effort

Dear God smashed the mold once he cast me realizing he really had done it this time!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Avoneer

posted on 11/2/06 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Was your Cat Digby's old car ???

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

carlgeldard

posted on 12/2/06 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
Have you seen this one. The guy is selling it on. He only paid £1420.00 a few weeks ago acording to his feedback.

Carl

[Edited on 12/2/06 by carlgeldard]

hotshotbeans

posted on 12/2/06 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
it was dibgy`s

yes it was....its mosty stripped now what a pity im very sad to see it go .....looks like the avon is a better car in the long run....i had a lot of problems with my tiger as far as the build goes....perfectionizm was my issue and i just found faults all over and was going to rebuild anyway...but now replace is enivitable....digbys money was well spent on the engine.....im going to push it up to 220 240 horsepower soon .....he he ...then we see wots wot.....

Avoneer

posted on 12/2/06 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Has that weld on the sump not leaked yet ???

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

hotshotbeans

posted on 12/2/06 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
leaks

there is a puddle under the moto so must be leakin....but will fix before it goes into avon

digrus

posted on 14/2/06 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hotshotbeans
yes it was....its mosty stripped now what a pity im very sad to see it go .....looks like the avon is a better car in the long run....i had a lot of problems with my tiger as far as the build goes....perfectionizm was my issue and i just found faults all over and was going to rebuild anyway...but now replace is enivitable....digbys money was well spent on the engine.....im going to push it up to 220 240 horsepower soon .....he he ...then we see wots wot.....

digrus

posted on 14/2/06 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

going down the Avon route eh? I'm not suprised that you'd use the bits in something else.... the Cat's front suspension is awful and the rear setup makes it tail heavy. The cat is a fun car but ultimately lacks finesse in the handling department. Tiger's so call "zetec fitting kit" left a lot to be desired as well !

hope the rebuild goes well.

Digby

quote:
Originally posted by digrus
quote:
Originally posted by hotshotbeans

hotshotbeans

posted on 15/2/06 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
thanx digby

well i am sad to see her go i did have a lot of fun.....but it was ment to be the way it is.........so looking after some busted ribs i regeret its now stripped to the bone....and the bone is of to the big bone yard in the sky where tigers rest....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.