Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 4AGE Long Shot....
Prez

posted on 14/2/06 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
4AGE Long Shot....

Hi All,

I realise this is a long shot but I'm after a couple of bits from a 4age engine that anyone who has built using two engines may possibly, maybe, hopefully, have lying around. I need an oil squirter for number three cylinder, the one in my engine is damaged. Also I am after the water outlet from the head, circled in red in the picture attached. If anybody has any of these bits and is willing to part company with them for a reaonable price I would be an extremely happy man.

Cheers

Prez

albertz

posted on 14/2/06 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Prez,

I may be able to help you out. I have just replaced my 4AGE and have the old one lying about for spares, it is the TVIS version. Does that have oil squirters, i am not sure? I didnt think it did, but if it has you are more than welcome to it. I also have a knackered phase 3 engine for spares as well, but i have already robbed some of the bits from it.

Also, the water fitting you require, again i am sure this differs between the different phases of engine, so would you let me know which engine it is and maybe take a photo of the exact part that you need. I am less confident about this part, as i had to borrow it from another engine when i was rebuilding my current engine. I will have it somewhere but my garage is a tip and i couldn't find it for myself.

If you clarify what parts you need and what engine they are from i should be able to help you out for the postage cost.

bimbleuk

posted on 14/2/06 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
Just typical. Only last week I had a clear out of the garage and I remember distinctly holding the water outlet pipe in my hand deciding whether to keep it or not.

Unfortunately it went in the rubbish pile!

Prez

posted on 14/2/06 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Albertz,

I have the phase 3, small port non TVIS engine. As I understand it, only the Phase 3 engines were fitted with oil squirters to cool the pistons. If you have the oil squirters for the Phase 3 engine I'll definately take them off your hands.... As for the water pipe from the head I cant give you a picture of the exact part because I haven't actually seen one! I dont know if the fitting is the same as on the big port head or not. If you have both head types it might be evident by looking at the bolt holes surrounding the rectangular shaped water exit to the right of the inlet ports. Thanks for your help on this.

Cheers

Adam

albertz

posted on 14/2/06 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Adam,

I am fairly sure that the water pipes that run along external to the engine are different between the two engines. I know this because i 'misplaced' this pipe during the rebuild and tried to use the pipe from the TVIS engine, but it didnt fit, after that i got another phase 3 and robbed it. I know for a fact that the missing pipe is in the garage somewhere, but my normally tidyish garage is a bombsite at the moment....the result of far too many current projects.

I'll try and have another good look tonight, see what i can do.

How easy is it going to be to remove the oil squirters?? I assume the head has to come of etc?

I know where there is another phase 3 engine lying abandoned in a field for free, so i should be able to get hold of the parts one way or another, it just depends on how quickly you need them. If that is no use then i am sure RAW would be able to help out, or, i noticed a guy in Wales breaking these engines with all parts available. I'll have a look for the Ebay link just now.

This is the Ebay link;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Corolla-AE86-4AGE-Drift-Rally-Cars-Parts-must-go-now_W0QQitemZ8037930395QQcategoryZ43120QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[Edited on 14/2/06 by albertz]

Prez

posted on 14/2/06 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
Stop the presses! This link shows the part I want in a bit more detail I think.. http://opc.mr2oc.com/online_parts_catalog/Cooling/water%20pump.GIF It is the bit sitting top right of the water pump in this image
Prez

posted on 14/2/06 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
The oil squirters are accessed from underneath the engine, you need to take the sump off and get a socket down to where the bores are, I'm pretty sure you can get at them without removing the crank etc. I have just been to pay that guy a visit in the last couple of days but he didnt have the bits I was after. If you turn anything up I would be more than greatful, but don't bust a blood vessel on my account......

Cheers

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.