Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Keeping loom tidy under scuttle
richyo

posted on 15/2/06 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
Keeping loom tidy under scuttle

How have people fixed the loom beneath the scuttle to make things neat and keep Mr SVA happy ?
I was thinking of a aluminum bracket fitted to the chassis rails with screw down tie wrap holders. Any other options ?
Photos would be nice

Thanks

Richyo

DarrenW

posted on 15/2/06 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Behind my scuttle is a bar. I cable tied the main loom to it so the wires all routed to the correct areas for switchgear etc. This kept it all high and out of harms way. Relays are mounted on a plastic plate above passenger side foot well - neat and insulated. Any stray wires were also cable tied nice and high.
I have seen some installs were plastic panels have been fitted above feet to keep wires behind. I didnt do this and SVA was still happy.

Just make sure they are all secure, neat and up out of the way - nice and simple.

nitram38

posted on 15/2/06 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
I have built a different type of car, but I have used rivnuts and 'P'clips.
Humbug

posted on 15/2/06 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
I cable tied the wiring to make sure there was nothing really loose, then fitted a panel.. in my case made from an old bath side panel: nice and flexible to fit and cuts easily. I later covered it with some spare blue Fablon to match the rest of the car. Job done!

Pic in my archive:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=2005-08-28%202%20Locost%20underdash%20panel.jpg

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.