cheap petrol

Just been sent this link

http://www.pipelinecard.org/default.html

Anyone heard of this ? any thoughts ?

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

Daxrushv6

posted on 16/2/06 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
I signed up about 9 months ago not much happened with it yet, they needed alot of people then would be able to get a deal. As of yet nothing.
ReMan

posted on 16/2/06 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
It's a great idea, though i'm not sure its ever going to get off the ground. I signed up ages ago and nothing yet.
I still don't see why any major supplier would want to give a discount just coz you've got a card in your pocket, other than simple loyalty and most of them run their own loyalty schemes.

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

zxrlocost

posted on 16/2/06 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
itll never happen Id just like to let people know there is absolutely no profit in petrol only that off big companies who can make 5p profit on £10 petrol but guarantee 50,000 people to each outlet every day if you get what I mean
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

ned

posted on 16/2/06 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zxrlocost
there is absolutely no profit in petrol only that off big companies who can make 5p profit on £10 petrol but guarantee 50,000 people to each outlet every day if you get what I mean

thats why bp made £19billion recently...

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DarrenW

posted on 16/2/06 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
No profit for the retailers that is Ned. My mate used to have a station, said he was lucky to make 1 or 2p per litre. most profit came from other retail sales.

To work pipeline would have to agree a discount from the big oil companies, the retailer would then have to have a way of recording pipeline sales and claiming the discount back. Sounds awfully complicated to me. Ive signed up anyway - you never know the organisers may have a cunning plan.

It costs nowt to join so nothing to lose.

NS Dev

posted on 16/2/06 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
Nothing has happened yet because they are still recruiting members. They now forecast April-May for commencement of discounts.

They need 150,000 members to start the scheme, and they hit 100,000 in mid January this year.

I have just signed up, sounds like a very good plan, should work too, and not just for cardholders, pitting BP against the others will drive down prices if enough sign up for the card.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

JAG

posted on 16/2/06 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
As it's free and might just work I signed up. Anything that may reduce motoring cost is a good thing.

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

iank

posted on 16/2/06 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ned
quote:
Originally posted by zxrlocost
there is absolutely no profit in petrol only that off big companies who can make 5p profit on £10 petrol but guarantee 50,000 people to each outlet every day if you get what I mean

thats why bp made £19billion recently...

BP made the huge profit from the insane price of crude not refining and selling petrol. It's the govt taking the biggest chunk with its money grabbing duty+VAT.

[Edited on 16/2/06 by iank]

zxrlocost

posted on 16/2/06 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
that in retail petrol thats why there so full of other shite to get you to buy
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

John.Taylor

posted on 3/3/06 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
Pipeline Update

There is a story in this months EVO that Pipeline have reached 150,000 members. This was the first time that I'd heard about the scheme and could't sign up quick enough, hope the discount is nearer the 10p than 5p though!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.