Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blood Pressure!!!!! :-(
Surrey Dave

posted on 17/2/06 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
Blood Pressure!!!!! :-(

Having seen a great offer in the Sun yesterday, Inspiron1300 laptop for £299.

I went to the website with the offer code, the website did not respond..............

Rang the order line went through the usual crap music and options scenario, then an Indian lady answered , she said I could order one for £299 then proceeded to try and sell me extra ram for £90!!, a carrying bag, service contract, all of which I declined............we went on for about 20 mins on my phone bill while she struggled at a snails pace to conclude the deal, by which time I decided that should I have any problems with this purchase I would not want to deal with all this crap again so cancelled the order.................shame I quite liked Dell laptops!!!

Anyone else had anything similar?, Iknow i'm in grumpy old man territory but..........***k me!!!!!

Jasper

posted on 17/2/06 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
If it's Dell it's ok - I've had 4 Dells now - and while they haven't been faultless machines - the service from Dell has always been excellent, and I have to say those nice ladies in India have sorted my problem over the phone more than once with no hassle.

bob

posted on 17/2/06 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure iheard that Dell have very little to do with the production of there laptops,and my local pc shop say they are on the incline on there most repaired list.

Fozzie

posted on 17/2/06 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
I had the exact same thing with Dell 2 years ago when I wanted to purchase a laptop...
In the end, I went for an Acer Aspire, damn good value, never a days problem with it. I use it more than my main PC these days, but perhaps I have just been lucky!
Don't know what their customer service is like though, because I have never had to use it!
Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

EddThompson

posted on 17/2/06 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
i use dells, jhave a few of em, buuut i get em from here, www.europc.co.uk, pretty decent service too

edd

Dale

posted on 17/2/06 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
I take care of around 600 dells and overall they are pretty good. The laptops have been as reliable as any others I have delt with ( I truely hate laptops as they are a b#$th to repair.) The desktops are not standard though and no laptop is. Just an example of non standard is that the powersupplies on the desktops are the same size and connector for power but wired up differently so if you replace your power supply with a standard one (which will bolt up and plug in with no issues ) you may be in for some smoke from both the power supply and your mother board. The latest ones are wired the same but still dont seem to work to my knowledge when swapped.
Dale

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

DarrenW

posted on 17/2/06 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
A mate of mine runs his own business. Uses Dell's. He has just tried to get some upgraded memory. Couldnt understand the guy on the phone. Memory arrived but is wrong. Now trying to rectify but reluctant to call back due to communication issues. Its a shame but all we want is to talk to someone who is knowledgable, conversant and can sort out the order.

Apart from that ive heard nothing but praise for Dells.

Surrey Dave

posted on 17/2/06 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
Did my meditation, and sat under a triangle for a while......................got back to the Indian lady and its all sorted ..........£299 for a NEW laptop, 1.5ghz , 256mb, 40 gb, modem, usb 2.0, dcd/dvd - + rw, delivered ........got to be good..........my other 2 Dell Latitudes have given me good service...........could be available soon for Megajolt tuning.........
Fozzie

posted on 17/2/06 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Ooo well done Dave!. result

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

Peteff

posted on 17/2/06 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
i use dells, jhave a few of em, buuut i get em from here, www.europc.co.uk,

Are the keyboards faulty on all of them Sorry mate. I've never used their laptops but I've dismantled a few of their old desktops and not noticed anything extraordinary about them, they just keep prices down by buying a lot of everything and having some of their own stuff made in bulk. Unfortunately that means if one goes wrong, a lot of them in the same batch are probably going to as well.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.