Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Registration (Again!)
oliwb

posted on 20/2/06 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Registration (Again!)

Ok need some questions answered:
- Do I fill in the v55/4 or v55/5 form? My car is a tiger cat kit car built up with donor parts supplied by them so looking at a Q plate.
- Do I need to have an MOT? And if so will I be ok to drive to an MOT appointment before the SVA?? (I will be insured)
- How do I get a built up inspection done?? By filling in the v55 form and sending it back or do I need to do something else aswell??
- How do I book an SVA?
- How can I get the direct number to my local DVLA office in Aberdeen and the SVA VOSA numbers for Aberdeen aswell???
- Oh and lastly is anyone around aberdeen in the next few weeks who'd be willing to have a look over it for SVA and spot any mistakes before I book it.....
Sure there'll be some more pictures when it comes to filling in the form once i decided which one to do....Oh I have an allocated chassis number from Tiger if that has any bearing and will have a letter from Ford stating the year of manufacture.....Cheers Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Humbug

posted on 20/2/06 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
To the best of my knowledge:

- V55/5

- You don't need an MOT but if you decide to get one done you should be OK to go to and from the appointment as long as you tell your insurance company and they agree

- Built-up inspection: depends on the local DVLA office. My one (Maidstone) only did the inspection after the SVA; others will apparently come and look beforehand. You will ned the V55/5, receipts for major parts, etc. Best to speak to someone at the local DVLA to find out (see below)

- SVA booked via VOSA (fill in a form and send it to the central VOSA place specifiying your choice of test centre)

- You can't get direct numbers for local DVLA offices (not sure about SVA centres) in my experience - you have to phone the central enquiries number, tell them you want to speak to the local DVLA office and they will get someone to phone you back. Once I had made contact with a specific person I always asked for her, as she seemed to be the one you had my paperwork.

- Can't help you with being near Aberdeen

oliwb

posted on 20/2/06 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Ok thanks for your help.....I've got both forms in front of me but neither really seems applicable to my car/situation......Thanks for the help.....Oli.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pajsh

posted on 20/2/06 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
I'm at this stage too and my experience is:-

I phoned Swansea at the weekend and asked for the forms as the V55's are not downloadable. They've not turned up yet :-(.

They said the local office (Chester or Shrewsbury) won't speak to me till I apply and then they will contact me to advise a time and place for inspection.

Also I have to have passed SVA and include my MAC with all other relevant paperwork i.e. build report etc and include a cheque for registration and road tax.

I might have a "Dummy" MOT but wan't to have the benefit of 3 years grace as I have a few changes planned post SVA.

As I understand you don't need an MOT but advice does seem to vary.

That's my contribution anyway.

HTH

I used to be apathetic but now I just don't care.

redeye

posted on 20/2/06 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
alright mate

not sure about the sva questions cos ive not started looking into it yet

I am quite far on with the build tho and would be happy to come and have a look round your car

patrick

oliwb

posted on 20/2/06 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Well you'd all be welcome to come and have a look...lots of opinions will be usefull in the long run....still need to finish a few things off..couple of bits of ali paneling some deffinate herringbone trim bits and some more carpet to go in....oh and gotta sort the lights that are fannying......Cheers Oli.

redeye

posted on 20/2/06 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
cool
well let me know when and where ill drop by for a look

cheers

patrick

Rubix

posted on 21/2/06 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
SVA

V55/5 form is available at your local Post Office.

If you got your donor bits from Tiger they should have given you a V5 to enable you to register your car under that registration. Hey presto - no Q plate.

I did this and it went through ok.

Never mind that s**t, here comes MONGO

DarrenW

posted on 21/2/06 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
i wrote to local office with some questions. Called me back next day. Arranged home visit for build up inspection. They brought forms out and took me thro the process.

SVA forms downloaded from internet. Sent them off with cheque. Local office called me about a week later and made appointment.

oliwb

posted on 21/2/06 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
I'm confused.....I never got a V5 with the donor bits so am looking at a Q plate I guess! I've got both v55 forms in front of me but don't know whether i need v55/5 or/4 as its old reconditioned parts not all new.....I'll give Tiger a phone and see if I should have had a v5 and if they've got it somewhere...but doubt they will! Official line from DVLA say that they won't speak to me till I've handed v55 form in but can't until got SVA etc done and need to arrange an appointment....how do I do this??? Try phoning the office directly and arranging it??? Cheers Oli.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.