Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Crossflow Cam
Marcus

posted on 25/2/06 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Crossflow Cam

What cam do you all reccommend for my fresh 1700 build.
I'll be using bike carbs, poss GSXR600, and electrinic dizzy (poss megajolt in future).
Car will be primarily for the road, but a few trackdays would be nice.
I was thinking Piper 285 or Kent 234. Any other suggestions, or reasons to avoid either of the above?
Don't really want to machine pistons, but would if I felt it useful. BTW, head is ported GT spec (Stage 2?)

Marcus

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 25/2/06 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
Going to use a Kent cams BCF2K kit in mine , not the hottest cam I know but should give improvements over standard item . Picked a new kit off ebay for £50.00 which is a good enough reason to use it.
Marcus

posted on 25/2/06 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Got a Piper 270 in at the moment, got about the same lift as a BCF2, but slightly less duration.
Looking for something a bit more hairy.

Marcus

Marcus

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Anglia66

posted on 25/2/06 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
I can highly recommend the Holbay R120 cam.It's of 286 duration and comes in at about 2500 and is immensely road driveable with bags of torque.My 1720 made 136bhp @ the flywheel with this cam,gas flowed Mexico head and twin 40's.
Marcus

posted on 25/2/06 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Just been looking on Newman Cams website, Their PH3 looka a useful piece of kit, and cheaper than Piper/Kent.

Marcus

Marcus

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.