Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sierra lobro driveshaft rubber boots?
craig1410

posted on 25/2/06 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Sierra lobro driveshaft rubber boots?

Hi,
Anyone know where I can source a set of four rubber boots for the sierra lobro type driveshafts (inner and outer)? I was planning to use the originals but I just bumped a driveshaft against my bench vice and punctured the boot...doh! Probably best to get new ones anyway I suppose... I already have the stainless steel tie-wraps or whatever they are called.

Also, on a related point, I might get grease with the new boots but if not, can I just use Castrol Moly Grease (as supplied by Halfords) or do I need to use something else? Also, should I flush out the joints first with petrol or something before drying a repacking them or just keep them free from dust and debris, add the grease and fit the boots?

Cheers,
Craig.

ned

posted on 25/2/06 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
mnr have the boots on their website...

Ned.

ps http://www.mnrltd.co.uk/p_parts_drivetrain.htm

[Edited on 25/2/06 by ned]

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega0684

posted on 25/2/06 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
why are there no prices on that site?

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
craig1410

posted on 25/2/06 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Ned,
I have sent an email to MNR to get prices and will try to remember to post them here when they reply. Feel free to remind me if I forget.

Cheers,
Craig.

Spin8Spin

posted on 25/2/06 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Think i got mine from halfords they came with grease and the metal tie clips for about £17 for all 4.

Matt

RichieC

posted on 25/2/06 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, theyre available from just about any factors, inners and outers are the same.

MNR are just updating the website, some prices have yet to be added.

craig1410

posted on 25/2/06 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Now you mention it I think I asked Halfords a while back but they needed an exact year and model of sierra and I wasn't sure which had lobro joints and which didn't and whether there were an subtely different sizes.

Does anyone know which sierra year and model would be a safe bet to quote to Halfords in order to get the correct boots? XR4x4 perhaps?

Cheers,
Craig.

RichieC

posted on 26/2/06 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
1989 XR4x4 would work.

TBH id not bother with Halfords (unless you need them on a Sunday) because they are a good deal cheaper at other factors.

MadCas

posted on 1/3/06 at 04:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by craig1410
Also, on a related point, I might get grease with the new boots but if not, can I just use Castrol Moly Grease (as supplied by Halfords) or do I need to use something else? Also, should I flush out the joints first with petrol or something before drying a repacking them or just keep them free from dust and debris, add the grease and fit the boots?

Cheers,
Craig.

Yep, the castrol moly grease is good (or any black CV grease for that matter) seen people use LM as well, but don't think thats a 100% good idea.

Just make sure there is no crap in there, I usually wipe out the excess grease with a clean rag before packing them with the fresh stuff, nothing too wild tho.

Agree with RitchieC on the Halfords thing, Is it just me of do they seem to be getting more expensive these days? Motor factors are the best bet for cheapness. Still use halfords for those desperate panic sunday moments tho

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.