Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 Mini Clutch Slave Cylinder Problems
jimmy_nugget

posted on 7/3/06 at 01:15 AM Reply With Quote
R1 Mini Clutch Slave Cylinder Problems

Hi
the problem ive got lately is the clutch keeps popping out of mesh, has anyone had any problems like this, i think it may be that the orignal slave cylinder im using is not releasing the fluid quick enough so the clutch arm slowly returns, ive put a pretty heavy duty spring on to try pulling it bak but still problems :-(.
anyone got any ideas
thanks

ChrisGamlin

posted on 7/3/06 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
When you say going out of mesh, what exactly do you mean, doesnt it return and re-engage when you lift the pedal? If so then it sounds like you're over-extending the clutch actuator and basically turning the clutch diaphragm spring inside out

jimmy_nugget

posted on 7/3/06 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
no its like the clutch is in as i can flick thru gears with no movement :-(, wat i normally have to do is take off the casing, under the bolt s lightly then if i give it a little wiggle it falls back into the teeth then its fine.
anyone got any haynes manual type pictures of the clutch area then i could show ya wat teeth i mean
thanks

lsdweb

posted on 7/3/06 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Try here for manuals.

Wyn

R1minimagic

posted on 7/3/06 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
I am using a normal mini clutch spring on mine and it is fine. Be careful about over movement on the clutch arm, otherwise you will wreck the whole clutch cover and the spigots inside. Where abouts are you BTW?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.