Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Another new parts supplier.
dickieboy

posted on 17/3/06 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
Another new parts supplier.

Locost / kit car parts supplier[www.rsmandsonengineering.co.uk]
seem to have lots of choice.
How do you insert links to othes sites?

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

iank

posted on 17/3/06 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
Use the icon of the world with a bit of chain in front of it (link to the world [groan]) located just above where you are typing.

It's in the middle of the row with the bold/italic/underline buttons.

link

[Edited on 17/3/06 by iank]

MikeR

posted on 17/3/06 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
shame you don't get a clue where they are based.
Syd Bridge

posted on 18/3/06 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
Call me suspicious, but....a search of dickieboy's profile would have a man thinking that him and the new parts supplier might be closely connected. ????
Hellfire

posted on 18/3/06 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
I reckon you are right Sid. The contact number on the website is 01709, which is the code for Rotherham. This fits dickieboys profile and may explain the parts he has had for sale recently The biggest give-away though, would be the photograph on the website, which is the same car in dickieboys photo archive.

Then again you could have added 2+2 and got 5

[Edited on 18-3-06 by Hellfire]

MikeR

posted on 18/3/06 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
curious if you could give me some sizes on your GRP - ie height from top chassis rail to top of nose and scuttle.

dickieboy

posted on 18/3/06 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
another parts supplier

Well done Dr watson.
I am the very same person, not that it matters though?
I live in Maltby, the same as you Hellfire, i think about 2 mins from you, if ive guessed your location correvtly from your early photos.
Not that i need to explain myself, but the replies posted made things sound very doggy indeed.
After several years going through several builds, if have decided to try to move on a step, and test the water with the web page as i found that i could supply allot of parts the builders require.
Ive been selling bits and pieces to TVR restorers and stock car builders, brake pipe, heat tape, petrol bits etc, so i have produced the web page.
Dont get me wrong i dont intend on trying to compete with the MK's of the kit car industry , not that they will be at all bothered, i am basing the whole idea on budget costs, and the MK chassis is very good, i dont have the equipment to bend the nice looking box the way they do.
And maybe some people are more driven to price than design? If a chassis does what its designed to do, looks anything like Ron's, and is at locost price then maybe thats what locost builders require?

[Edited on 18/3/06 by dickieboy]

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

MikeR

posted on 18/3/06 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
i think the issue is you where not completely above board.

Your post implied (to me) that you did not have an association with the company and had just discovered them. The key phrase being "seem to have lots of choice". If that had been written, "i've got lots of choice" it would have been much clearer.

So, any chance of those sizes?

Hellfire

posted on 20/3/06 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dickieboy
Well done Dr watson.
I am the very same person, not that it matters though?
I live in Maltby, the same as you Hellfire, i think about 2 mins from you, if ive guessed your location correvtly from your early photos.
Not that i need to explain myself, but the replies posted made things sound very doggy indeed.
After several years going through several builds, if have decided to try to move on a step, and test the water with the web page as i found that i could supply allot of parts the builders require.
Ive been selling bits and pieces to TVR restorers and stock car builders, brake pipe, heat tape, petrol bits etc, so i have produced the web page.
Dont get me wrong i dont intend on trying to compete with the MK's of the kit car industry , not that they will be at all bothered, i am basing the whole idea on budget costs, and the MK chassis is very good, i dont have the equipment to bend the nice looking box the way they do.
And maybe some people are more driven to price than design? If a chassis does what its designed to do, looks anything like Ron's, and is at locost price then maybe thats what locost builders require?

[Edited on 18/3/06 by dickieboy]

Believe it or not, you actually live across the road from my parents

As far as I'm concerned, the more suppliers - the better. Especially ones on your doorstep.

So what parts/bits do you do for sevens??

Phil

[Edited on 20-3-06 by Hellfire]

dickieboy

posted on 20/3/06 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
The maine components are brake parts, pipe, clips, fittings. Petrol parts, pipe, clips, hose, filters, but the items i will be cheapest in are the electrical items, crimps, ties, cable,switches, buttons, warning lights, lights and bolts.
I can also supply laser cut plates to customers drawings or sketches at very competitive prices, altough the delivery can some times be 5 days. Maybe too long for most builders as i know i always wanted my parts yesterday, once i had the go ahead from her indoors to spend the money.
What number do your parents live at!

[Edited on 20/3/06 by dickieboy]

Hellfire

posted on 20/3/06 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
That's extremely handy to know. My parents live at no 32

Phil

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.