Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cost of racing?
Fred W B

posted on 5/4/06 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
Cost of racing?

"Whatever price you pay to buy (or build?) a racing vehicle (in any class), it will cost you the same again in order to run it competitively for a year "- Discuss

I have heard the above stated several times and it's certainly true of the couple of race classes I've been involved in. What do you guys find? By competitively I mean new tyres, engine rebuilds, bodywork replacement etc whenever necessary, and including paper work, licences, race entry's etc.

Cheers

Fred W B

DickieB

posted on 5/4/06 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
£4000 a year all in for me. And I've been top 10 for the last 3 years. A bit more if you test regularly.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pumpers

posted on 6/4/06 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
and you dont crash !!!!

hehe my budget is less than £4000 but I dont do all the race meets!! I'm looking at £3000 all in incl any repairs cos that's all i can aford without going bankrupt!!!

pumpers

DickieB

posted on 7/4/06 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
I was including all race entry fees, petrol (tow car and race car) etc etc. And yes, not crashing helps!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.