Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ebay dispute console ?
Jon Ison

posted on 5/4/06 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
ebay dispute console ?

How long does it take for ebay too grant a refund ?

Got two non payment disputes on the go, been sat there over a month both flagged "eligible for full refund" and both sat there "waiting for other party's response" of which there as been none, how long before it goes from blue too green flag and ebay cough up ?

ebay is great till you want too communicate with them, then i find its dam near impossible, anyone any experience of dispute refunds ?

Cheers J.

GeoffT

posted on 5/4/06 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
I've had just one dispute claim through ebay, they eventually paid up after 3 months. During this time there was virtually no communication from them, and when I chased it, like yourself I got a terse message saying 'waiting for response from seller'. Eventually when I'd pretty much forgotten about it, got an email from them saying it had been paid into my paypal a/c.

Suppose the message is, don't be in a hurry, and don't expect much communication, but hopefully you will get paid. I'm afraid that when it comes to customer relations ebay are worse than hopeless.

oliwb

posted on 5/4/06 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
I've got one on the go at the moment, was suspicious when someone one the auction with zero feedback from Belgium.....Oh well....Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
britishtrident

posted on 5/4/06 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Sellers get very cynincal because basically the paypal dispute procedure always finds in favour of the buyer, no human even looks at any response the seller gives.

I recently had one buyer complain to Paypal of non-delivery of item --- the auction ended at 16.30 hrs on Friday the complaint was date 09:30 hrs the following Monday I would have given an instant refund except the items was posted at 9.05 on the Monday. I expect the item will eventually return except I will be down eBay costs, postasge costs anf 2 lots of Paypal cost.

Jon Ison

posted on 5/4/06 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Both these are items we have sold but received no payment for, in fact zero communication from the winning bidder full stop.

raccoonradar

posted on 5/4/06 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
have you posted items without getting payment ??? the only dispute i had was sorted out within a month (won item,paid for it But never got it) its normally quicker if the other party doesn't reply to emails, full refund given less £10 for sorting it
mark chandler

posted on 5/4/06 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
I won a dispute, never saw a penny....
Jon Ison

posted on 5/4/06 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
No, its just the ebay listing and selling fee's we are after........ the winning bidder in both cases as made zero contact.

raccoonradar

posted on 5/4/06 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
have ebay said they would refund fees ? didn't think they did that?, shame its gone on so long & not given you a change to second chance someone.
shame there's no way of vetting people who use ebay to keep all ar5es off it
good luck anyway

chockymonster

posted on 5/4/06 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
The new dispute console only needs 7 days before they will issue a final valuation fee if there is no response from the buyer.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 7/4/06 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
all sorted, I didn't realise you had too scroll thru 3 pages and close the dispute, I wrongly assumed ebay would cough up if there was no response from the buyer, funds now returned too there rightful owner............

other 1/2.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.