Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: full rollcage being fitted
GEORGE80

posted on 8/4/06 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
full rollcage being fitted

mk's fitting me a full rollcage the same as there rizla demo, went up the road in theres and it and with the full cage the car seems alot more stiffer and solid,any that means theres a standard rollbar for sale if its any good to anyone
Hellfire

posted on 8/4/06 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Think about all that extra weight though

bimbleuk

posted on 9/4/06 at 06:30 AM Reply With Quote
I was recently at the RAW workshop and had a good look at a chassis with a full T45 roll cage.

Damn thing was only lighter than my standard chassis with a single rollover hoop

GEORGE80

posted on 9/4/06 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
there is a bit more wieght i did wonder about that but, after visiting mk the other saturday that made my mind up, seeing one there written off upstairs and a chap with a yellow indy there said he'd written one offf too, made me think of saftey, but on the plus side i think they look great and i can put my surf board on it now, and no chassis move ment, so better on the bends when pushing it, maybe, i'll have to see
indykid

posted on 9/4/06 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
mine, the one upstairs, won't be there long!

it's coming home on monday! WOOHOO.
it's only been there 5 months.

i'm wanting a full cage on mine too. purely aesthetic reasons, oh, and if pat's got one, i want one too! the chassis copes well enough on its own in impacts.

tom

Hellfire

posted on 9/4/06 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
Pats also got a Fireblade engine. You want one of those too........

Phil

GEORGE80

posted on 9/4/06 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
the green one? phil was tellling me about it, gutted for ya after all those hours of building.
hey hellfire, i was talking to your dad, i think,learnt alot from what he was telling me about indys as i havn't built mine,
i forgot where he said you got your rear lights from,like the led's

GEORGE80

posted on 9/4/06 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
indykid,
where did you get that fancy gear stick from with the indicator controlls etc from?
i want one

carlgeldard

posted on 9/4/06 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Tom

Ive got a full cage in my drive looking for a new home. Are you sure you want one.

Carl

indykid

posted on 11/4/06 at 11:55 PM Reply With Quote
just thought i'd dig this one back up to straighten things out.

george, mine was the yellow one upstairs at MK, strangely enough the one in my avatar. therefore, i can't help with the gear stick. just incase you thought i was ignoring the question. still gutted after all those hours of building, but now it's back, with the cracked manifold, it sounds like a monster truck.

hellfire, no i most definitely don't want a fireblade engine in it. firstly they sound hideous, secondly, i want to use the car for touring at some point and most importantly if i can write off one with a 1.6 pinto, do you not think a blade engine would be a tad daft? renewal's gonna be daft enough that i'm not even considering a 2.0 pinto for the minute

finally, carl, would consider your cage, but i'm wanting martin to do me a bespoke one, with hopefully a removable front section, so i can have a backbraced bar for standard road, and drag racing, and full cage for track days and hooning, oh and for a roof box maybe.

cheers
tom

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.