Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: raced a policeman by mistake
GEORGE80

posted on 23/4/06 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
raced a policeman by mistake

raced an under cover police vectra 3.2 v6 today on the way home from skegness, just come out of skeggy on the a52 and noticed a vectra giving it some in front of me, i was in my birds t sport yaris and thought f*ck it i'll have a go, so there we are over taking together and cutting corners and we come to some tight bends so being in a little yaris i overtake him and wupped his arse, we was both doing between 70-110 though out this little race, then i hit the 40 zone so as always i don't speed there, this gives him chance to speed tight up my arse again where we stuck at 40,as i see the end of the 40 zone i get the car into 2nd ready for another take off and bang! blue lights flew out of every vent and grill on it, i pull up, think f*ck and go to his car, he tells me to get in, i'm sat there and he smerks, openly admits he couldn't keep, tells me my lines coming into the bends could do with brushing up(even though i beat him) then carrys on to explain that it is ok to speed in the right places and that the reason he pulled me up was because he wasn't happy with one of my overtakes, then goes on to say that apart from that my driven was fairly safe and that the reason he was up my arse in the 40 was to see if i would speed, he then says have a nice day and remember what i've said,
i was sh*tting myself, i keep pinching myself,
he then says has your dog (who was in the back seat) been sick yet? i replyed, nah he's used to it, say my good byes and carry on home,SLOWLY and shaking still.
i thought that was it for me and was gutted as i'm set to pick up my indy from mk on saturday as they've finished it all now, i can't belive i've got a license let alone a clean one! wahooooo

Jon Ison

posted on 23/4/06 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
Cant condone the 3 figure speeds, but hey, who on here hasn't done it.......

Come on be honest.

You was lucky, you found a good en. did you get the Vectra reg for future reference ?

[Edited on 23/4/06 by Jon Ison]

nige

posted on 23/4/06 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
racer

good on ya mate ....................

when you start this journey
you think it will be done in " no " time but then " no " turns into a " bloody " long time

Russ-Turner

posted on 23/4/06 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Bloody hell you lucky git. Guess they're not all 'ankers.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
GEORGE80

posted on 23/4/06 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
lucky is an under statement, really can't believe it,
it's a 54 plate, dark metalic green, no stick on clear lights like most, these are behind the grill and are black until they light up, after i got out of it he turned the blues off and i couldn't see them, really nice guy, but to be honest and i think he new this too, that he was just having a good time too and he's not ment to speed either without his blues on

[Edited on 23/4/06 by GEORGE80]

Jon Ison

posted on 23/4/06 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Did it have a second interior mirror or/and a camera on dash, these are the tell tail signs I look for ?

GEORGE80

posted on 23/4/06 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
no mirror, but the camera was in front of the standard rear view mirror
Jon Ison

posted on 23/4/06 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
mmmmmmmmm, crafty, anyway if that happens in your R1 indy it wont have thew same outcome, you'll be gone........

Avoneer

posted on 23/4/06 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
3 figure numbers Jon - reminds me when you tried to drive over the top of my Avon on the way back from Donny last year (could have been 2 years ago).

I think I was going 115 at the time!

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
graememk

posted on 23/4/06 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
couldnt do you for speeding mate as it would of been thrown out as entrapment, as you could of been pulled for speeding way before. could do you for dangerous driving and driving without due care etc.
boston has many unmarked car
skodas, volvo estate, subaru, merc ml, vectras to name a few.

very lucky man

irvined

posted on 23/4/06 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
<life of brian> You Lucky, Lucky Bastard

http://irvined.blogspot.com

richardR1

posted on 23/4/06 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
The Vectra must have been in limp home mode. I've got a 2004 3.2 GSi Vectra and it vaporises little pocket rockets

MK Owners Club Member 1015

Jon Ison

posted on 23/4/06 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Avoneer
3 figure numbers Jon - reminds me when you tried to drive over the top of my Avon on the way back from Donny last year (could have been 2 years ago).

I think I was going 115 at the time!

Pat...

Ahhhhhhhh a lot too be said for "full body" and top speed in a bec. I think I remember it, was there a motorbike involved too ?

stevec

posted on 23/4/06 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Any of you guys who will be flying around Coventry (Stoneliegh) next week watch out for a Black Honda Accord and Silver Mondeo ST, both Plod and both after speeders and tax dodgers Also anyone with a funny walk, badly dressed or anything.
ASH3

posted on 23/4/06 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
I recall 3 figures followin Jon on way to
Harrogate late year
Lucky that PC wont the little sh.t that
did me Sat for a small front number plate!
was parked on zig zags at the time n he let me off that one...

GEORGE80

posted on 23/4/06 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
hey ash,
saw you friday morning near tescos, that was me in the white transit behind you about 7.30 am, don't think you heard me bibbing you to open it up down that long straight, every time i see you your tootling around like your on your last gallon of juice

[Edited on 23/4/06 by GEORGE80]

ASH3

posted on 23/4/06 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
" i choose my moments wisely!"

Besides she was still warmin up lol

billy

posted on 23/4/06 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
I dont like to put the dampers on this but....... think you better give it 6 weeks and hope that a summons dont come thro the post i know a copper who did this to me once. was nice a pie etc then i got a summons in the post later.

luego-lo-cost finished,vauxhall 16v 2.0,twin 45s de-dion rear set up

Peteff

posted on 23/4/06 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
was parked on zig zags at the time

Why? Do you think the rules don't apply to you. If you get done for something like that it's down to you and no excuse. I had to park on there because it's a long walk to the cashpoint. Sorry Ash but you don't get my sympathy for that one.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

ASH3

posted on 24/4/06 at 12:23 AM Reply With Quote
This PC was not nice! ARE ANY? The street in Q
everyone parks were they can get n all was taken so did wot i had to do. He never mesered the digits on the plate not like last time i got done for my rear plate so wot does he know!Rear i changed but not me front its stayin Large front plates look stupid see it at Stoneliegh wat do you think do come n tell me..

Peteff

posted on 24/4/06 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
all was taken so did wot i had to do.

Park in the next street, then he wouldn't have seen you . I have standard plates and don't care what they look like, I can't see them from the drivers seat. My point is the cars stand out without parking illegally or having illegal plates, anything that causes them to attract more attention is asking for trouble. If you'd not been on the zig zags he probably wouldn't have looked at your numberplate, just my theory.

[Edited on 24/4/06 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

JoelP

posted on 24/4/06 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
whats the penalty for a non compliant numberplate? Is it just £30 no points via a vehicle defect notice?
ASH3

posted on 25/4/06 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Just £30 no points

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.