Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Le Mans
Jasper

posted on 20/5/03 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
I'll give you one reason why Jordan moved back down here - she just loves stroking my bears!
chrisg

posted on 23/5/03 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Bad News boys - I've lost my voice, three weeks too soon!!

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

locodude

posted on 23/5/03 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
We might get lucky, you might not get it back

steve faunch

posted on 23/5/03 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
nobody could be that lucky especialy us
chrisg

posted on 24/5/03 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
Right, That's it, not only will you get the "clown"joke, Tina Turner and the FULL version of "poundland" I will thrown in(at no extra charge) The longest joke in the world - which I'll have to start telling on the ferry to make sure I get it finished.

Nobody gets out alive.

Cheers

Chris

(in a squeeky voice)

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

chrisg

posted on 26/5/03 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Well chaps, when we get there, this is what you need to cheer at

As british as saurkraut and leather shorts, but just look at those Union Jacks!

Land of hope and glory, mother of the free...........

Or the bentleys (which are audi's as well, of course)

Cheers

Chris

who won the bloody war anyway?

locodude

posted on 26/5/03 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

who won the bloody war anyway?

We did, they won the peace!

theconrodkid

posted on 27/5/03 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
chris if you got a bad throat/voice aint u better off cheering tvr,s that way you wont have to cheer for too long.btw bentley are gunna win by miles

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

chrisg

posted on 27/5/03 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Getting a bit serious there john, I don't know about 24 hrs, I can't remember seeing 24 minutes! Who wins is, erm, not that important, course if you want you can sit up all night watching, like Richard did last year (The lying B*st*rd)

I'm just looking for a good clean fight and a "british"winner, oh and beer, meat, chewy bread, stringy donuts and the MG girls

but no hairy fesh

Cheers

Chris

Quote"Is there a vegetarian option?"
"Yes, F*ck off"

[Edited on 27/5/03 by chrisg]

barrie sharp

posted on 27/5/03 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
things to do at lemans

you lot must be reving up your engines getting ready to go .I am missing this year due to building a car and a house(can we start a locost housebuilders site)

anyway 10 things to do::

1.go Karting at kart nord (Fast and fun)
2.try the Karting at the fair if theres a group of you (anything goes)
3.Bungy jumping (2.00am and drunk is the best way)
4.the who steals the biggest sign contest(got quite a collection now)
5.go to the town on friday night to the drivers praide and see the cars on display(normal sight seeing)
6. see who can get a ride in the best car (GT40 for the prade my best)
7.Fariy liquid the fountains (lots of bubbles and the french even laugh about it)
8.get on the track fri night or sunday afternoon in a car or motorbike (every year so far getting harder though)
9.run onto the track at the end and get under the podium (need to run fast )
10.ENJOY YOUSELVES AND HAVE A BEER (dont forget your beer bottle tower)

dont forget the MG flags for the owners club!!!!!!!!!

can you think of more!

the cars looking good" a blind man would be pleased to see it"
''stop press'' the blind mans seen it said "it felt ok"

barrie sharp

posted on 27/5/03 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Chris i am with you 'are there cars racing wondered what the noise was'

the cars looking good" a blind man would be pleased to see it"
''stop press'' the blind mans seen it said "it felt ok"

Viper

posted on 27/5/03 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote

Well this is who i will be shouting for even if they do last for a couple of laps...

and they are BRITISH

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 27/5/03 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
yup you cant beat the sound of a TVR,lets hope they do well and all the french in their 2cv,s fall to bits on the first lap

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

chrisg

posted on 27/5/03 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
I like the TVR's but they're not LMP900's so they lose about 8-10 laps an hour to the prototypes, gets a bit demoralising in the morning when you reaise they're 500 miles behind! Mg/Lola might have a bit of a chance but they seem a bit fragile.

I like Barries list, I'd just add eating one of Tony's black sausages as a life changing experience, or possibly a life ending experience.

and the fireworks, it was like Basra on that roundabout last year!

Cheers

Chris
(who's like a kid on christmas eve already!)

chrisg

posted on 4/6/03 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're not going:-

Ahhhhhhh, sucker, in your face, eat my shorts etc,etc

If you are going:-

Bring a pen for the questionaire, of course you could just ignore it or rip it up into little pieces............but I wouldn't recomend it......not with the traffic in the channel.....

Cheers

Chris

chrisg

posted on 7/6/03 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
Been out in the Tangerine Ninja today - Outstanding!!!!!

Started packing as well

Printed the Questionaires

Wonder if SAXON will be on the boat?

Am I the only one getting giddy?

suppose so.

Cheers

Chris

locodude

posted on 7/6/03 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
You're not the only one getting giddy as a kipper Mr G. Having seen several of our travelling companions over the last week or so I'd say it's a communicable disease! Especially Mr MK. I think that one especially is going to have his eyes opened!
Enjoyed the little spin in the Ninja did you? I know it's not a x-flow but not too shabby eh?

chrisg

posted on 7/6/03 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
Picked the wrong day to try my new contact lenses - they fished up looking at the inside!!!

I think the word "quick"applies.

I hope we're not too....erm.......rough.....for some of the delicate flowers that are coming. It's one hell of a ride trying to keep up with the sludge pumpers!!!!

Better upgrade that travel insurance!

Cheers

Chris

BTW- Important French phrase:-

Les pommes de terre agréables de chemise cherie !

[Edited on 7/6/03 by chrisg]

Peteff

posted on 8/6/03 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
Too much excitement!!

I'm getting excited and I'm not even going.
What is "nice jacket potatoes darling" going to get you Chris?, apart from funny glances and possibly extra cole slaw.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

chrisg

posted on 8/6/03 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
It's

Nice shirt potatoes, Love!

Cheers

Chris

Jasper

posted on 8/6/03 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
Definitely getting excited down this neck of the woods.

Looks like the motor would have been ready in time, but with no shakedown time I wouldn't risk taking it.

Took her up the road for the first time yesterday, and again this morning, bloody hell it's fast - and the noise, gorgeous. Just gotta fit the bonnet catches and bolt the front wings onto the supports, bolt on the wing mirrors and plates and she's done - yee-haa!!!

chrisg

posted on 8/6/03 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one Jasper!

Don't know what barbequed salad and ciabatta's going to taste like tho..........

No teddies - and don't forget that pen.

Cheers

Chris

Jasper

posted on 8/6/03 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
Wot u chaps doin for bbq meat? Can you buy stuff locally easily? Cos it aint gonna last in a cool box.....salad aint gonna make it either
chrisg

posted on 8/6/03 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Biggest supermarket in the world less than a mile away - Carrefore, they sell everything from bread to speed boats(honestly) it's like a day out in it's self.

Some folks don't even take a tent and buy one there!

Cheers

Chris

WARNING: this is usually the first place PTM gets his tackle out - not a pretty sight.

Viper

posted on 8/6/03 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Salad???? woz that then???????????

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.