Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Air tools?
garage19

posted on 8/5/06 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
Air tools?

Just picked up a bargain of a compressor at the weekend. 150ltr, twin cylinder, 3hp single phase SIP workplace jobbie for just over a ton.

Problem is i now need some air tools!

I will probably buy good second hand ones from ebay rather than new cheapy nasty ones.

Can any one recommend which are the best makes of this sort of kit to look out for?

Cheers,

Doug.

fesycresy

posted on 8/5/06 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
Devilbiss for painting and Ingersol Rand for tools.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Aboardman

posted on 8/5/06 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
any more compressors
tractorboy

posted on 9/5/06 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
sealley are pretty good and resonable as are kobe . draper also do a range . then you could get silly and go for atlas copco ,desoutter, blue point( snap on ) .try 'aircraft tools' as a search if you are looking on ebay. cheers scott
rusty nuts

posted on 9/5/06 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a Mac tools 1/2 " drive air wrench surplas to requirements but will be on holiday from tomorrow until about 22nd Personally I don't rate Sealey stuff
NS Dev

posted on 10/5/06 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by garage19
Just picked up a bargain of a compressor at the weekend. 150ltr, twin cylinder, 3hp single phase SIP workplace jobbie for just over a ton.

Problem is i now need some air tools!

I will probably buy good second hand ones from ebay rather than new cheapy nasty ones.

Can any one recommend which are the best makes of this sort of kit to look out for?

Cheers,

Doug.

Got the same machine myself (though I paid £200!) very good!! Mine's installed in the roof of the garage now, took some lifting up there!!!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

garage19

posted on 10/5/06 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
I bet it did!!!

We had trouble lifting it into the back of my fiesta (the wife had taken the truck).

It looked very funny. My passenger was pressed against the windscreen and the boot was lashed down over the other end of the compressor with some old rope.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.