Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Need to borrow trailer
jonbeedle

posted on 11/5/06 at 05:03 AM Reply With Quote
Need to borrow trailer

Hi Guys,
I've applied for SVA, haven't got a date yet but will need a lightweight trailer for a couple of days when I get my date through. The one I borrowed before may be over the weight limit for my car, as was pointed out on here recently.
I'm in East Anglia. I don't mind travelling a bit to pick one up if it means I can keep it for a few days, that way if I need to get a retest, I'll be sorted. Beer tokens offered!
Cheers
Jon

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion however stupid!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tri

posted on 11/5/06 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
Can't help with trailer but the guy at sva said it was better to driving the car there so that it will be heated up and will pass emitions with less trouble but i don't know your plans just a little tip we got told

Tri

Danozeman

posted on 11/5/06 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
John are you going to Norwich for SVA??

Give your car a blast up the A11 up there it will be fun. Get someone to follow you with the trailer just incase. Chances are you wont need it so unlaiden it wont be over the limit.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

jonbeedle

posted on 11/5/06 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
I'd love to drive it there but I'll need insurance and if I don't pass or I have aggro with DVLA afterwards I only get thirty days before the insurance runs out!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hornet

posted on 11/5/06 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
Now thats what i call confidence in ur build... comon john, u know it'll pass
jonbeedle

posted on 12/5/06 at 12:15 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the vote of confidence. But I'll still have aggro with the DVLA when trying to register. I've already had experience of how inefficient they are and I can't afford to pay out two lots of insurance. Time was when you could get insured for a day....not any more!

se7ensport

posted on 12/5/06 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Not wanting to go too far off topic but why would you need another lot of insurance?

I've had my car insured since Feb for £22 a month on chassis number, seems like a sensible investment considering spend so far. My SVA isn't for another month or so.

[Edited on 12/5/06 by se7ensport]

jonbeedle

posted on 13/5/06 at 12:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by se7ensport
Not wanting to go too far off topic but why would you need another lot of insurance?

I've had my car insured since Feb for £22 a month on chassis number, seems like a sensible investment considering spend so far. My SVA isn't for another month or so.

[Edited on 12/5/06 by se7ensport]

How did you do that? I was told by more than one company that they only insure for thirty days without a registration number.

tractorboy

posted on 13/5/06 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
if you dont find one jon there is a place near ely that will hire you a trailer at £40 a day plus vat. if you need more info give me a shout . i drove mine to norwich and if nothing else its worth the insurance money just for a good blast up the a11! cheers scott

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.