Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Fair Ground Welding
Mezzz

posted on 12/5/06 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Fair Ground Welding

Well I went to the fair a few days ago

Now not being an engineer, but having a keen interest in how things are put together whilst being swung around at 100mph I looked to my left and started to wonder... Humm how safe is this and what is the build quality

To my absolute horror upon closer inspecting on the welding I was terrified to death that at any min the centrifugal force was going to throw me 1/2 was across the county. (Dam I should of taken a picture with my phone). But joking aside the chap who put this thing together must have been drunk or something!!! It was a disgrace

So next time you go to the fair have a look and ask your self the question to I trust my like in the machine.. (none of the bloody things have roll bars)

MikeRJ

posted on 12/5/06 at 11:45 PM Reply With Quote
Bloody pikey deathtrap contraptions. I don't go to fairs on principle and certainly wouldn't trust any of thir rides.

That said, I've been to Alton towers etc. a few times and it's a bit worrying thinking about the chances of metal fatigue having set it on the older rides...

MikeR

posted on 13/5/06 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
Just come back from Alton Towers yesterday. Fantastic day, max queue length 15 mins (Rita) the rest where 5 mins or less.

I did wonder a few times about metal fatigue etc. But, they have safety people etc, work on the assumption its safe.

Fairs - try going to one in france, we went on a ride and it was only when i was strapped in i started to notice missing bolts!!!!! The Jeremy Clarkson bit where he was driving that E Type across france is stuck in my mind, the bit where he says "France has no health and safety executive!"

3GEComponents

posted on 13/5/06 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
Went to a fair a while back, someone had puked in the "pod" and all they did was throw a bucket of water in it and push the next couple in!!

Nice....

NS Dev

posted on 14/5/06 at 12:19 AM Reply With Quote
Pikeys, great aren't they!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

JoelP

posted on 14/5/06 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
bloody gypos came past a job i was on, asking if we wanted any rubbish removing 'cheap'. I declined as we have our own arrangements in place. Next day on the news, they've moved on from the local site and left tonnes of rubbish that cost the council thousands to move. What scummy tossers.
MikeRJ

posted on 15/5/06 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
What scummy tossers.

Surely not? I keep hearing these liberals say that they are just misunderstood and that given a chance they are perfectly respectable people that have nothing to do with the local crime wave that myterisouly hits when they are around.

Thieving pikey b'stards. I 'ate pikeys.

Peteff

posted on 15/5/06 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
They pulled the fence up at the local park a couple of years ago with a hiab and parked on there for about two weeks. It cost the council £40,000 to clean up when they were outed. If people didn't employ them to clear gardens etc. they would not stay so long or have stuff to dump. Their latest scam round here is replacement fascia and guttering. Don't employ anyone who works from a mobile number.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

David Jenkins

posted on 15/5/06 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Getting back to dodgy welding, I was watching a prog on Sky a few nights ago - 'Wrecks to Riches' or something like that. Couple of blokes making a dragster-style road car.

All looked really impressive until they started to talk about fitting some rod-ends to some tube. So they tack-welded an ordinary nut onto the end, checked it for fit, then finished the weld. If I wanted a car with a supercharged 7-litre engine to stay on the road, I think I'd want something more substantial than that!

Maybe it is a valid way to do things... but...

David

skidude88

posted on 15/5/06 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
death wish....

Would anyone dare go here..

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24518

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.