Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: its started again
ned

posted on 15/5/06 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
its started again

i don't do football and don't even know when the world cup starts but i think it can only get worse until we get knocked out - after that happened last time they all seemed to disappear quite quickly.

footy flags
footy flags

i don't want to generalise but i associate them as being a bit chav aswell really. apologies to footie supporters.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
graememk

posted on 15/5/06 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
last time in Boston where I used to live the local police were pulling people over with them as there technically illegal
wildchild

posted on 15/5/06 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
yep sadly they're back again. got me wondering about a couple of things:

- how many of them get lost by people opening the windows without thinking about it (especially with the number of cars with electric windows)?

- how much fuel is wasted over the course of the world cup due to the extra drag induced by people cramming as many of those as they can onto their cars.

olv

posted on 15/5/06 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
suitable image

wildchild

posted on 15/5/06 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
rotfl
shortie

posted on 15/5/06 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
Quality, should look really nice on the Chavalier!!

Have to buy some.

Come on the England

dave1888

posted on 15/5/06 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
Ned why not move up here to Scotland. We dont do the world cup
OX

posted on 15/5/06 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
pmsl ,ned i swear blind you only look about 25 but you must of found a damn good anti ageing cream.
Jon Ison

posted on 15/5/06 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
So ive got too take mine off then ???

dave_w11
Junior Builder

Posts 45
Registered 20/12/04

Photo Archive Go!
Building: A bookish chassis. Engine still undecided.

posted on 15/5/06 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
If they are a chav only thing then widespread fears that we are being overrun are confirmed! They're on nearly as many cars as not round here (slight exaggeration).
BKLOCO

posted on 15/5/06 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
What I would like to know is why if you have these on your car do you also have to wear a baseball cap? Generally on backwards!!!
Round here we tend to call them "Merchants"
As in Merchant Bankers.... W***ers.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

theconrodkid

posted on 15/5/06 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
i hate footie as much as the next man and i suspect a lot of these flage are really 2 fingers up to tony baloney and his surrender monkeys that tried to ban the flag and being ENGLISH in case it upsets someone

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

coozer

posted on 15/5/06 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Balls to the footie, its going to crap.. just you see...

Stick with Freddie and the other England boys for a summer of highs, oh,... and lows!

COME ON ENGLAND!!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Simon

posted on 15/5/06 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
I find it rather amusing that there all on foreign cars

ATB

Simon

iank

posted on 15/5/06 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Balls to the footie, its going to crap.. just you see...

Stick with Freddie and the other England boys for a summer of highs, oh,... and lows!

COME ON ENGLAND!!

Today was a low methinks, grabbing a draw from the jaws of victory!

Mezzz

posted on 15/5/06 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Wow and I thought that I was the only person who

A) Hated them

B) Fail to understand why English people need to advertise the support England like that. Duh you live in England

C) Cant understand why foreigners no nationalities mentioned have them on there cars

D) Why some people seem to have them on all year round

E) After being on the car for over 5 months the threading seem to become undone

Simon

posted on 15/5/06 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Wow and I thought that I was the only person who

A) Hated them I concur

B) Fail to understand why English people need to advertise the support England like that. Duh you live in England That's because what the yanks do, people here seem to do

C) Cant understand why foreigners no nationalities mentioned have them on there cars When in Rome

D) Why some people seem to have them on all year round Bone idle

E) After being on the car for over 5 months the threading seem to become undone That'll be because the flags, bought by English people who drive foreign cars, were made in China (and not very well made

ATB

Simon

jono_misfit

posted on 15/5/06 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
One of the many advantages of being in Scotland (apart from being wet and cold all year round) is we dont have St George's crosses over everthing when footballs on.

Nope we've got saltires and lion rampants flying on any available space all year round.

One question ive got though is.

If i live in scotland, why oh why do i want to have programmes on about "Rooney and his dodgy ankle" or the england foozball team?

The viewing figures they get for that up here must be in the 1's and 2's. Should do something worthwhile with the slot and give me rallying at a decent time of night not the usuall 1am....

Plus we have pubs full of people up here cheering on whoever is playing against england. Who said theres no north / south divide :p

Jono

(all views above are the views of the individual and are not in anyway endorsed by said person or to be taken as having any moral, fiberous, dietary, or supplimentary value or benefit. Plus the above is a proud interloper to the lands of the Scotts from the equally wet nation of Wales where he was born to english parents.)

ned

posted on 16/5/06 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BKLOCO

so you know that the correct phrase for a group of bankers is a wunch?

oh and ox I'm 24.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeRJ

posted on 16/5/06 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
Thank you god, a forum full of normal people!

I have no problem with being patriotic, but sticking a flag on my car, getting pissed and being violent realy isn't my idea of patriotism.

andyps

posted on 16/5/06 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
I find it rather amusing that there all on foreign cars

ATB

Simon

Exactly what I always think - especially when they are seen on BMW's.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

britishtrident

posted on 16/5/06 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
Oh no ! not again! said the bunch of petunias.

A very very long time ago England won the soccer world cup at that time a lot of Scots and Welsh and Irish people enjoyed watching them win and cheered them on. But for 40 years it has been forced down our throats, never a day has went by without being mentioned in the media or used in an advert and about 39 years ago it wore a little thin.

Now the world cup comes round again, who wins I just don't care but I do care about what it will do to our national (UK) image when loads of drunk rich city type weekend chavs cause mayhem and perhaps murder get deported or locked up for all too short a time.

britishtrident

posted on 16/5/06 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jono_misfit
One of the many advantages of being in Scotland (apart from being wet and cold all year round) is we dont have St George's crosses over everthing when footballs on.

Nope we've got saltires and lion rampants flying on any available space all year round.

One question ive got though is.

If i live in scotland, why oh why do i want to have programmes on about "Rooney and his dodgy ankle" or the england foozball team?

The viewing figures they get for that up here must be in the 1's and 2's. Should do something worthwhile with the slot and give me rallying at a decent time of night not the usuall 1am....

Plus we have pubs full of people up here cheering on whoever is playing against england. Who said theres no north / south divide :p

Jono

(all views above are the views of the individual and are not in anyway endorsed by said person or to be taken as having any moral, fiberous, dietary, or supplimentary value or benefit. Plus the above is a proud interloper to the lands of the Scotts from the equally wet nation of Wales where he was born to english parents.)

Amazes me how national retail chains don't understand that Scotland isn't England, Sainsbury in East Kilbride have a vast stock of "England Supporters Packs" --- I expect to see them reduced to 10 for the price of 1 shortly.

[Edited on 16/5/06 by britishtrident]

britishtrident

posted on 16/5/06 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BKLOCO
What I would like to know is why if you have these on your car do you also have to wear a baseball cap? Generally on backwards!!!

Trouble is some of the nastiest agro merchants really are merchant bankers, well paid city types who can actually afford tickets. Over the last few years the nastiest trouble at old firm matches has been caused by a group of Chelsea supporters with national front sympathies who travel up to Rangers games from London.

[Edited on 16/5/06 by britishtrident]

ChrisJLW

posted on 16/5/06 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
I LOVE the World Cup and all major football events.

Think about it chaps, when an England game is on 70% of the population is sat in front of the box watching a load of idiots chasing a ball. So that means THEY'RE NOT ON THE ROAD! Time for a drive methinks!

I've lived a life that's full.
I've traveled each and ev'ry highway.
But more, much more than this,
I did it side-ah-ways.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.