Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pedal box allignment
chockymonster

posted on 20/5/06 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Pedal box allignment

After having a nightmare yesterday thinking that a bit has been left off my pedal box I found out this morning that Marc has changed the design (again!) to improve clutch feel.

I tried to put the pedals in this morning after cutting a large chunk off the bottom of the clutch pedal but found that the holes don't quite line up.

There is a misallignment Between the brake/clutch plate and the end clutch plate, it's not out by a massive amount and the bar could be forced in but this would have the clutch bar at an angle. Am I ok to slightly elongate the hole and file down the bar or will this cause problems?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RichardK

posted on 20/5/06 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
I would probably elongate the hole as you suggest but then get a big washer or similar to weld over the hole to stop it moving upwards.

Thats what I would do but the experts will be on later

Regards

Rich

[Edited on 20/5/06 by RichardK]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chockymonster

posted on 20/5/06 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Weld?
Pfft! I don't do welding, I only picked up a rivet gun 4 days ago

mnr laptop

posted on 21/5/06 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
hi paul in reality its probly 1mm / 2mm out so dont worry as the bar is fixed and the pedal pivots around the bar so the bar does not have to be free

best regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.