Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Roll bar design spec? WANTED
dalefaulkner

posted on 15/4/03 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
Roll bar design spec? WANTED

Hi people,

I wondered if anyone out there had the spec for the full racing cage, I wanted to get started on making it but cant afford the msa yearbook for a while. I wanted to design the best one possible for racing, size, weight, anchor points etc... can anyone help me?

Need tube o/d i/d (i think its cds?), has it got to be welded (pref) or must it be bolted (bolt spec?) mounting positions, No cross bracings etc..

Im sure that lots of builders would like this info, I could transfer the techy stuff into easy to understand pics for normal chappies and post it up here!

racing 2004 (or else ill jump arrrrhhhhhh)!

cheers

Dale

dalefaulkner@yahoo.co.uk

dozracing

posted on 15/4/03 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
I have a drawing that i have done for mine. Email me off list and i'll send it to you. doz@gtscougar.freeserve.co.uk
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dalefaulkner

posted on 22/4/03 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
Roll cage

Thanks I have emailed you.
kb58

posted on 24/4/03 at 01:42 AM Reply With Quote
I strongly suggest contacting your local auto racing organization. Here in the U.S., it's the SCCA. The rule book has excellent guild lines regarding the design. Remember, it can save your life, or give you a very false sense of security.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.