Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hood fitting
Sheepy

posted on 16/4/03 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
Hood fitting

Hi,
I've just bought my car (cheated but have got dirty hands from building plenty of trikes!), its got an RAC roll bar and a hood that now won't fit. It will just about fit over the back of the car and bar but is now 1-2" short of the windscreen. Can anybody suggest any places that will undertake this modification / extension or any ideas on how to do it neatly myself.
Thanks Gaz

James

posted on 16/4/03 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
Somewhere that does the covers for boats maybe?

Also, if you're willing to wait then I believe that the new Ron Champion book (not sure when it's out) will contain info about doing you're own tonneau cover.

HTH,

James

Alan B

posted on 16/4/03 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
.....Also, if you're willing to wait then I believe that the new Ron Champion book (not sure when it's out) will contain info about doing you're own tonneau cover........

For about 50p no doubt...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
kingr

posted on 16/4/03 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, probably re-using the fabric from about 5 prams, getting the cotton by unpicking it from a load of old trousers and using welding wire for a needle!

Kingr

Alan B

posted on 16/4/03 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kingr
Yeah, probably re-using the fabric from about 5 prams, getting the cotton by unpicking it from a load of old trousers and using welding wire for a needle!

Kingr

You ARE Ron...aren't you?....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stephen_gusterson

posted on 16/4/03 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alan B
quote:
Originally posted by kingr

Kingr

You ARE Ron...aren't you?....

kingr = king ron????

what about a local upholsterer? also im pretty sure 'classic car' mags have this kinda thing in the ads section.

atb

steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.