Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: F1 - MS on pole
Fred W B

posted on 27/5/06 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
F1 - MS on pole

I don't normally watch FI, prefering to spend the time in the garage, but I watched quali today.

Am I the only one who thinks MS may have messed up that last corner on purpose, to spoil the laps of those still on their last flyer - Witness the grins in the Ferrari pit as it happened?

Cheers

Fred W B

ChrisGamlin

posted on 27/5/06 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
Looked rather suspect to me too, the way he went in tight, turned a bit, then straightened up again to ensure he was nosing into the barrier.
He also looked rather sheepish in the press conference too.....

stevec

posted on 27/5/06 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
I think the siht is on the way to fan as we speak!

ChrisGamlin

posted on 27/5/06 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
I hope so, but Im sure the FIA will step in and ensure Ferrari doesnt get punished

stevec

posted on 27/5/06 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Yes they probably will try to protect them , but there seems to be a total disgust at what happened amongst the whole pitlane.
I reckon if the data shows he was playing silly people they will have to nail him, but you never know it could have been a real accident. I dont think!

[Edited on 27/5/06 by stevec]

ChrisGamlin

posted on 27/5/06 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, I hope they'll see this as too much of a "crime" to ignore

As I mentioned above, as much as anything I think the press conference gives it away. Schumacher was babbling, mixing his words and rather hesitant when explaining his side of the story, which to me stinks of a guilty concience when compared to his usual demeanor in press conferences and interviews.

Add that to the timing of the "accident", the odd line and steering input that led to him being stranded against the barrier, and the fact that his car wasn't damaged in the slightest all adds up to me sniffing out a rather smelly rat.

[Edited on 27/5/06 by ChrisGamlin]

stevec

posted on 27/5/06 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
Spot on, As soon as the first question was asked he looked down to the desk, sure sign of guilt.

tks

posted on 27/5/06 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
In fact

My opinion is that it doesn't matter if he did it on purpose or not.

The question is, that he did something wrong, and as normally in life when you do something wrong in life you get punished! its that simple, speeding in the pitlane if you do it wrong you get bill and warning...

The effidence:
when watching the video you see at sertain moment, that he looses the brakes, you see the car roll back a very small amount, but then he rapidly pushes the brakes again.

then in 2seconds laters you see him stalling the car...(while in gear)

I'm sure if he did loosen up the brakes he went backwards and give more room for alonso, or he could haved drivven away.....

in political therms i would abuse him for creating a not safe situation and not willing to undone it...

you clearly see the car wanting to roll back...

we all know that with a small blip on the throttle he could be at the finish line, or at least away from the race line...

my words.

TKs

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

Johnmor

posted on 27/5/06 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
Give the guy a break, he did not win his world championships by cheating.

He had the best time because he pushed his car to the limit and paid for it with cooking his brakes.

He is the only driver that says it as it is, doesent make excuses, doesent blame his team or the marschals or the weather or the coulour of the other car anything else that comes up.

If Alonso had done that people would just say he was unlucky and it was unavoidable.

Its all part of the sport, if you cant stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

stevec

posted on 27/5/06 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
What colour is the sky on your planet.

Syd Bridge

posted on 27/5/06 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
MS has publicly admitted to punting Damon Hill, just to make sure that Hill did not win the two championships involved. Damon Hill is still more than a little 'dirty' about it nowdays.

If MS can do that and get away with it, then what can possibly be wrong with 'parking' on the track to keep pole position?

I sail offshore in racing yachts, and it is not uncommon for the italians to mysteriously gain many miles at night in calm weather, while charging batteries with their engines 'out of gear'. Italians and Ferrari don't cheat.

Well, not much anyway.

Cheers,
Syd.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 27/5/06 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
I'll have an ounce of whatever you're smoking John

quote:

Give the guy a break, he did not win his world championships by cheating.

At least one he did, as mentioned by Syd. If he hadnt taken Damon out when he did, Damon only had to finish the race to become champion because Michael couldnt have finished with the damage he'd sustained before punting Hill.

zenarcher

posted on 27/5/06 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
Ok mistake or no mistake, he did not finish the qualifying session, so should he not start the race at the back of the grid?
tks

posted on 27/5/06 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
be ofjective!!

i don't look at the colour of my sky, ( i don't choose side)

Its not a question of who's on pole.

because who knows if alonso's engine would last the extra push??

its just the question should they punish him or not!!

i think you cant do that wrong on such a moment. its that simple... and if you do it, you cant earn something..

for me earning something and do ing something wrong cant go together....

can he get away with it or should he have some punishment...??

its just that..

i think he needs a couple of seconds on hsis time..or starting out of the pitlane etc.

for a spanish alonso was very very calm..
sow bravo for him to...

also the way he drove to the corner wasn't the race line...

anyway the brakes of that ferrari wil be changed this night because of safety issues... sow don't worry..

Tks

ChrisGamlin

posted on 27/5/06 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zenarcher
Ok mistake or no mistake, he did not finish the qualifying session, so should he not start the race at the back of the grid?

Nope, nothing in the rules to say you have to return to the pits under your own steam at the end of qualifying, even if you crashed out within 5 minutes of the start of the final qualifying, if the time you set isnt beaten you'd still be on pole.

Johnmor

posted on 27/5/06 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
Are you guys realy saying that he won his world championships buy cheating!!!!

I,m not saying he wont push the rules, but everybody else plays the same games.

Lets face it, the guy has been best driver for years, he getting on a bit, but can still show how its done.

Stop using the same old excuses

He has proved that he can take a second rate car and still force faviorite team to race (Mclaren 99-2001).

He is a machine, and if he can win he will win.

All the bookies cant be wrong

JoelP

posted on 27/5/06 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Johnmor
Are you guys realy saying that he won his world championships buy cheating!!!!

no, he won championships by being a good driver in a good car. That has no bearing on whether he cheated today.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 27/5/06 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
Like I said, at least one yes, had he not deliberately punted Damon he wouldnt have won the championship that year, although certainly not saying he won al 7 titles by cheating.

There's no doubt he's got huge talent but there's a big difference between being a great driver and a great sportsman. He is the former, but certainly not the latter.

tks

posted on 27/5/06 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
nah

John,

every one knows that schumacher is like a cat, when its getting warm he makes stange jumps!

with hill was the best example...

i cant believe there are that kind of persons in the world who just ignore this kind of sporting...

and this has nothing to do with rulez ..

what if fisi tomorrow hits the back of schumi, alonso then would win and schumi would get DNF....

there is no rule for that to... would it be acceptable??

just come back from mars and put you in the shoes of alonso are maybe better of the complete F1 team...

you know it cant be leeting done by nothing...

Tks

zenarcher

posted on 27/5/06 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
" If, in the opinion of the stewards, a driver deliberately stops on the circuit or impedes another driver in any way during the qualifying practice session his times will be cancelled."

If Renault protest then the stewards will have to look at it.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 27/5/06 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Johnmor
He has proved that he can take a second rate car and still force faviorite team to race (Mclaren 99-2001).

I think you'll find that last year kinda blew that agrument out the water and reinfoced the view that however good the driver is you look decidely average unless the car is pretty competitive.

Johnmor

posted on 27/5/06 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Ok

Lets give everybody the same car, and the same team support.

Who's your money on!

ChrisGamlin

posted on 27/5/06 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
If you re-read the thread, I don't think you'll find anyone questioning Schumacher's skill as a driver, and if all the drivers were put into the same car I have no doubt he'd be at or near the front. Even the best driver put into an average car won't win though, thats a fact.

Anyway, skill has nothing to do with sportsmanship, which is what this thread is questioning.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 27/5/06 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look at this footage. He's going so slowly that he obviously hasnt lost the back end, then takes the tight line and turns into the apex. At this point he appears to realise he CAN make the turn, so straightens up again to ensure he can't make the turn.

That second straightening up I cannot explain other than to ensure he couldnt make the turn, the speed of the car was very low so there's no way he lost the back end and needed to correct, and he was past the apex / barrier as he did this, so it wasnt as if he had to take avoiding action to prevent hitting the inside barrier.

Johnmor

posted on 27/5/06 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
I accept that some of his actions are verging on the point of blatent poor sportsmanship.
But he has been punished before and if he breaks the rules he will recieve a punishment.
Dont say the FIA are bias, look at the tyre debacle last year, if you cant make a fast tyre dont race!
I think part of the problem is that he has been in the spotlight for years and any discrection is pounced on instantly as deliberate and intentional. (as this page shows)
If you put other drivers under a similar spotlight they would also come out smelling less sweet. That includes Coultard, Hill, Hakinen e.t.c.

I wont defend deliberate acts of cheating, but the jurys not back yet.

Maybe hes just been around too long.

"Cant teach an old dog" etc

Its just because he's about my age, I like to see the old guys kick ass

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.