Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: And so it begins........
bilbo

posted on 2/6/06 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
And so it begins........

Well, my old Robin Hood has finally been collected by it's new owner. This means I am now offically building

I know I've been on this forum for a bit now, but I thought I would now say an offical hello to all

Watch this space:
And so it begins
And so it begins

If you need me, I'll be in the garage

[Edited on 2/6/06 by bilbo]

big_wasa

posted on 2/6/06 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Wish I had a double garage Out of interest what gearbox are you going to use on the v6?

[Edited on 2/6/06 by big_wasa]

bilbo

posted on 2/6/06 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
Out of interest what gearbox are you going to use on the v6?

Hopefully the Type 9 from my donor with an appropriate bell housing, although I haven't yet confirmed what 'appropriate' is. I've done a lot of searching on this site and others to try and find out what the bolt pattern is, but never got a definitive answer. If it turns out not to be a standard ford pattern then I may look into making a bell housing by doing a cut and shut on a Mondeo transverse gearbox.

We'll see.....

DIY Si

posted on 3/6/06 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
Keep us posted on this little problem, as it's what I intend upgrading to sooner or later. Probably later as I've got to finish building it yet.
trogdor

posted on 3/6/06 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
ditto on the garage, at my uni house we have a double garage too. but its four hours away from my car! its sitting at home out in the wet, with no mot. is unfair. the garage at home is tiny, can only just fit all the tools and bikes in there.

good luck with ur project!

scotty g

posted on 3/6/06 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Jaguar x-type gearbox fits to the v6 duratec.
auzziejim

posted on 3/6/06 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
afaik the new 4 pot duratec i4 is the first ford engine to change the bellhousing pattern since the pre crossflow and thats due to it being a mazda engine. im not sure on the v6 though but if it is a mazda unit would the mx5 box fit?
iank

posted on 4/6/06 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by auzziejim
afaik the new 4 pot duratec i4 is the first ford engine to change the bellhousing pattern since the pre crossflow and thats due to it being a mazda engine. im not sure on the v6 though but if it is a mazda unit would the mx5 box fit?

The duratec V6 from the mondeo is bolted to the same gearbox as the zetec version according to my haynes manual, the MTX-75 i.e. the transverse version of the MT-75.

So I think the same bellhousing you'd use for a Zetec would be able to do the job on a type 9, or use a MT-75 if you have room in the tunnel.

Think because I've not done it

caber

posted on 4/6/06 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
Thought you might have decided to go electric with the donor washing machine and tumble drier Also useful freezer for freezing polybushes prior to machining

Caber

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.