Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Nearly There!
flyingkiwi

posted on 2/6/06 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Nearly There!

Well, it's only taken me nearly 4 years to get it to this point. All dressed up and ready to go.

Must admit there is still more to do, bonnet to clip down, paint to apply, gauges to sort out. But it drives and goes like the clappers.

Sad thing is I have to sell it now. Going back to New Zealand in July and its gotta go Really wanted to get it finished properly and SVA it, go at least I could take it for a spin down the local roads (some beauties around here, especially around Stamford) but will have to settle for the blat up and down the runway and around the perry track. Big grin, but pissed at myself for not getting it sorted in time.

Well, there's always the next one in NZ to build. This time it's going to be a kit and not scratch built!

It Runs!!!!! Bring on the SVA!

greggors84

posted on 2/6/06 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
i look the look of that, it looks very old school like the old austin 7 specials that the lotus 7 was originally designed around.

Shame you dont get much time to enjoy it though!

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

flyingkiwi

posted on 2/6/06 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
Why thankyou! it was getting there, just missing the windscreen (in the garage as we speak) and a roll bar, though was debating between a MX5 style hoop or simple roll bar.

I've got a potential buyer coming to see it tomorrow and another on the cards, so hopefully it goes to a good home and they continue with the theme I was trying to create.

Back end view

and another from about two weeks ago

It's quite amazing how a couple of tin's of primer and some carpet squares can really finish the car off.

Chazzy

posted on 3/6/06 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
silly question, is it worth shipping home, would it pass WOF? is there a super WOF like SVA?
Chas - jealous of you returning, spent last year Aug-Aug there. Dad's a mainlander, now in Nelson.

flyingkiwi

posted on 3/6/06 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hiya Chas, I thought about it, we were going to take our tin tops and the locost, plus all the stuff in the house but it worked out to cost an absolute fortune. As to a WOF or anything like that I'm not sure, I think modifications to cars have to be carried out or certified by a qualified engineer, will have to make some enquiries about that......

We're going to live in Palmerston North, about an hours drive north of Wellington. Wife's got a job there and I'm looking to join the RNZAF as a chopper pilot (I've had enough of fixing them for other people to enjoy)

trogdor

posted on 3/6/06 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
must abmit i really like the look of ur locost, i really like the front wings, i prefer that style to the motorcyle ones most peeps seem to use. it is very nice, only wish i could afford it!

hope it goes to a good home

MikeRJ

posted on 3/6/06 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by greggors84
i look the look of that, it looks very old school like the old austin 7 specials that the lotus 7 was originally designed around.

I have to agree, can't quite put my finger on it but it has a very retro look, though I suppose the clamshells help a a large degree. Maybe it''s just the lack of a roll bar?

flyingkiwi

posted on 3/6/06 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
Yip, the cycle wings never did it for me.

It was suppose to look like a proper 60's lotus, with the BRG and yellow nose cone, red dash with the speedo on the left of it. Missus veto'd the colour and it became a retro blue replica, with cream interio (a choice I highly recommend avoiding, I spend a lot of time cleaning off peoples dirty fingerprints)

Was thinking of a single hoop on the drivers side..... still thinking.....

Bloke never turned up today to look at it, so its still mine to drive about in. Done over 40 miles just around the airfield, though I think I have annoyed the neighbours with the noise.

Had my son with me yesterday and he took some video with the digicam, bit shakey and without the windscreen anything above 30 gets breezy, plus have noticed that the pickup is rather lacking and a full throttle stab results in a lawnmower chug chug sound. Think it needs a bloody good tune.

Peteff

posted on 4/6/06 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
Think it needs a bloody good tune.

Something off the Clarkson album maybe?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

flyingkiwi

posted on 4/6/06 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
hmmm, let me think..... Jeans, Brown Jacket and boofon hair - Bit of fleetwood Mac I think

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.