Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: gts body work
zzr1100rick

posted on 4/6/06 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
gts body work

Hi is it normal for darren to take so long to send body kits out ? was ordered around may 18th or am i just been paranoid
James

posted on 4/6/06 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote

Let battle commence!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

zilspeed

posted on 4/6/06 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zzr1100rick
Hi is it normal for darren to take so long to send body kits out ? was ordered around may 18th or am i just been paranoid

That's not even three weeks.
Are you serious ?

ned

posted on 4/6/06 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
steady guys, lets be fair here.

have you contacted Darren about this and is he aware of your expections?

cheers,

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DIY Si

posted on 4/6/06 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Shall we break out the beers, and sit back to enjoy the forth coming show?
zxrlocost

posted on 4/6/06 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
in all fairness I couldnt say about just bodywork but if you order a kit the usual lead time is 4 weeks

depending

kit manafacturers just arent quick mate

its when youve been waiting 8-12 weeks you should be asking your original question

chris

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

andyharding

posted on 4/6/06 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Well one of us has got to start it...

Yes, GTS seem to have a habit of taking peoples money and not sending the goods. Wait until you have a problem with a part and then the real fun will start...

Runs for cover

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

mookaloid

posted on 4/6/06 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
yawn..............
zxrlocost

posted on 4/6/06 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
yes but from what I see he keeps getting more and more business

it must be me I must have an old fashioned business mind when I try and get things out the next day or so !!!!!!!!

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

flak monkey

posted on 4/6/06 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
Don't even start all that...

Last time I asked leadtime was around 3 weeks.

Give Darren a ring on:
01474 707071
or
To find out whats going on with your order. He should be able to let you know when to expect it all.

Cheers,
David

[Edited on 4/6/06 by flak monkey]

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Chippy

posted on 4/6/06 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
"yes but from what I see he keeps getting more and more business "

And I guess in those words lies the problem.

Confused but excited.

posted on 5/6/06 at 12:07 AM Reply With Quote
Deja fcuking vu or what!
C'mon guys, lets not.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

zzr1100rick

posted on 5/6/06 at 06:07 AM Reply With Quote
well i had an e-mail saying he would despatch most likley end of the week that been the weekending just before the bank holiday if he had said it would take 6 weeks i would wait 6 weeks just keep looking out for the delivery man
im like a cuckoo in and out the front door

scotty g

posted on 5/6/06 at 06:12 AM Reply With Quote
What bodywork are you waiting for only i am popping up their today so i can have a looky for you mate?
johnemms

posted on 5/6/06 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
Darren dont make the body work - some one else does.... thats the phone number you need.............. and keeeeeeep on top of the body work man.... who will tell you how busy he is and yours is priority while the new moulds are being made .....etc etc.....
BKLOCO

posted on 5/6/06 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnemms
Darren dont make the body work - some one else does.... thats the phone number you need.............. and keeeeeeep on top of the body work man.... who will tell you how busy he is and yours is priority while the new moulds are being made .....etc etc.....

Not true.
Check your facts before posting.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

flak monkey

posted on 5/6/06 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnemms

As BKLOCO said, bodywork is now made in-house after all the problems with having someone else do it!

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

johnemms

posted on 5/6/06 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
Ahhhh thanx.... had mine in storage for a while...... you know how it is......

no offence intended...................

scotty g

posted on 5/6/06 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
I saw three sets ready for trimming, A red set, a yellow set (dave) and an orange and black set, there may be others but thats all i could see.
Cheers and hope this helps.

zzr1100rick

posted on 5/6/06 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Mines the orange with black wheel arches was any one doing anything to it

just had an email to say i will see body kit before the end of the week so hopefully i will have something to do over the weekend

[Edited on 5/6/06 by zzr1100rick]

Road_Virus

posted on 12/6/06 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
i made my order to Darren around middle june from 05 i got the body kit 9 or 10 months later and they were actually quite nice, as for the rest of the order i got the 2 shock kits last week and i'm still waiting for the windshield frame, and still i like the service he provided me, no dought that it longer than i was hopping to wait but still the ratio price/quality i had in my parts so far, doesn't make me want to change supplier, so hang in there and keep trying to talk to him as i'm gona do.

Don't worry, Be Happy.

dozracing

posted on 18/6/06 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi all,

Most of you know the history behind GTS and the way the company was founded and the way its grown and developed.

The business has grown in terms of sales at an alarming rate, and i can admit that the systems and production rate never grew at the same rate.

Success on one front caused us failure on another. We failed to deliver in terms of delivery. I don't think its entirely fair to say we failed in terms of customer service overall, as i think we have always provided customers with fantastic technical help, and when it was absolutely neccessary we pulled off miracles to get customers out of trouble.

We have had some further natural development, and some forced development, which has made the situation infinitely better recently. We have made massive strides in terms of delivery of parts for some seemingly simple changes in our structure and systems.

Made to order components like the bodywork is always going to be a stressful affair where delivery is concerned because its so dependet on demand, and thats hard to predict accurately. We are currently delivering in around the 28 days promised on the website.

We have stock of chassis' at the moment, and are building stock of suspension components etc. So kit delivery will be governed solely by bodywork, which is inevitable when you give customers a coice of colours, made to order.

In terms of delivering the consumable parts, like ball joints etc, we are having a lot of success in delivering the same week. We are normally able to send out on a Thursday for Friday delivery, so that parts are with customers by the weekend. I would estimate that we are acheiving this around 80% of the time at the moment.

I am a perfectionist at heart, and i'll never be satisfied, so we will keep chipping away at our faults in order to bring a better product, at better value, in a better delivery time. Being an engineer at heart though, quality of the core engineering deisgn and manufacture will always be my primary focus, and i will trade delivery times for engineering excellence.

I believe as a customer you will soon forget the late delivery if your happy with the product. A poor product on the other hand delivered next day will never be forgiven.

Kind regards,
Darren

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.