Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: LEFT SIDE steering wheel
ngtec

posted on 6/6/06 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
LEFT SIDE steering wheel

Hello! It's the first time I post in your forum and I am really happy that there is a site with so many information concerning the locost car.Sorry ,in advance for my bad english.I come from Greece and I don't practice my english so often. Since I bought the "how to build your own sports car ..." book I started gathering info of how to build my locost. I own a Ford cortina 1.6 automatic with a.c in great condition (which was really difficult to find) that is my donor car.I am going to start building my car in a month and since in greece we drive with the steering wheel on the left (and my cortina is left sided) I would like to know if ther are any differences between left and right driven locost on whatever has to do with the chassis and other parts of the it.Thank you in advance and I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's opinion. NGTECH-GREECE
Maradona

posted on 6/6/06 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
Left side steering

Here in Argentina we drive with the steering wheel on left, so I build my car to my country, I invert the design and I don't have any problem.

Regards

SALAD

posted on 6/6/06 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
γειά σας! θερμό καλωσόρισμα καλή τύχη μετά αγωνιστικό αυτοκίνητο

I seriously doubts that makes any ense, so I apologise now!!

Edit: Doesn't make any sense as it doesn't like Greek letters!!

Anyway, I meant to say, welcome to the forum. Where abouts in Greece are you and good luck with the build!

[Edited on 6/6/06 by SALAD]

Danozeman

posted on 6/6/06 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome matey.

The only thing with the steering wheel on the wrong side you have to move the colum mounting to the other side. That should be easy enough.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

gregory75

posted on 6/6/06 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
Hello ngtec,

It also depends on which side the exhaust manifold is on. If it's on the left you might have to play aroung a bit with arranging the steering column (e.g. in the case of a BEC).

Also, in case of a BEC your car can get mildly unbalanced because the engine is tilted to te left and you sit on the left too. But that can be sorted out by moving the engine slightly to the right.

ngtec

posted on 7/6/06 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
I'll keep these in mind.If I find any more difficulties I will ask for your advice to find soliutions. Salad sorry but maybe due to my bad english apart from the welcome part I didn't understand a thing of what you said.
SALAD

posted on 7/6/06 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Don't worry, neither did I

Just wondered where in Greece you are from?

ngtec

posted on 8/6/06 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
I live in St.Marina.It is next to Lagonisi in Attika.It's a very nice place with nice beaches and many places to have fun nearby.Summer is actually the right season to live in my town...
locostv8

posted on 9/6/06 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
You can find examples of LHD chassis here as well as corrected drawings http://mcsorley.net/locost/#Building%20a%20Sevenesque%20Sports%20Car

It might not be proper to refer to another forum but both are excelent sources of information http://locostusa.com/forums/index.php

Gool luck on your build.
jh

http://wrangler.rutgers.edu/gallery2/v/7slotgrille/hssss/

dr-fastlane

posted on 10/6/06 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
Hello,

I also busy with the construction of a left hand driven car. Not exact a locost but a sort of super 7. When jou use a left hand driven car for donor parts. The intake and outlet manifold, steeringrack en some times the starter motor are on the otherside in comperison with an right hand driven car. But that don’t have to be a problem. You can also swap around the drawings!!

Much luke at building your car!!!

Greets Roy.

P.S. Take a look in my photo archive to get some ideas. Or ask for pictures, i’ve got plenty on my computer.

[Edited on 12/6/06 by dr-fastlane]

------------------------------
I have not failed once. I have successfully found ways that will not work!

https://www.motor-forum.nl/threads/hardtail-dragstyle-project.343482/

ngtec

posted on 10/6/06 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Thank's a lot for the advice and the photos.They are really helpful.I'm going to start the construction in August because I'm waiting for an argon welding kit that a friend of mine is going to lend me .So I'm gonna need your help again.if you'd like I could make you one of my msn contact...Thank's again...
ngtec

posted on 10/6/06 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
nikos_poulakis@hotmail.com
For msn use...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.