Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: engine clearance
macspeedy

posted on 23/4/03 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
engine clearance

Does anybody know if there will be enough room for a standard pinto carb without air filter as i can't see twin webers passing SVA and i do not want to cut any holes, just for SVA, also how are the trim pieces made that go along the edge where you get in? that are on mdc124's car?

[Edited on 23/4/03 by macspeedy]

Viper

posted on 23/4/03 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
How old is your engine? you should be able to get the emmisions low enough to pass the sva with webbers, even easier with a standard cam...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zetec

posted on 23/4/03 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
I would have thought any Pinto would get throught SVA current regs on twin webers as long as they are set up correctly. Engines as late as early "95 are passing on twin 45s.
macspeedy

posted on 24/4/03 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
The donor car was a G reg 89-90 sierra saphire, the engine has been balanced new pistons, rebored, cylinder head flowed new guides in exhuast valves, looking at fitting either the Kent fr32 or fr33 cam with twin 45 webers! with a basic electronic ignition system..
santcliff

posted on 24/4/03 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by macspeedy
Does anybody know if there will be enough room for a standard pinto carb without air filter
[Edited on 23/4/03 by macspeedy]

just got an ITG JC20/40 sausage to see if it fits onto the single standard weber on my 1.6 pinto.

i was hoping that it would go under the bonnet without any holes, but i don't know yet. (another advantage of the sausage is that i think it will look quite nice if i do need a hole)

maybe have more news after the weekend.

stuart

One o' cross beams gone owt askew ont' treddle

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.