Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Vortx RT
Bryan Sears

posted on 26/6/06 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Vortx RT

Hi all Vortx RT owners having a bit of a problem setting up my front track and camber. Have set ride heights and corner weights all round. Have set the rear up no problem. There is too much toe out with the rack connected as if I have the wrong rack extensions. Even with the mushroom insert set to achieve maximum neg camber and the top joint wound right in I am struggling to achieve 0.5 deg neg camber. Suggestions from someone that has already set their car up would be appreciated Bryan.
numnuts

posted on 26/6/06 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hi bryan i also had the same problem with the rack extensions. It appears that they are not drilled deep enough and mine were replaced by marc as he had a dodgy batch . As for the camber issue again i also had the same problem but this was overcome by having the large nuts turned down to half nuts this has allowed m to get correct set up . Hope this is some help but any problems speak to marc
Krismc

posted on 27/6/06 at 06:47 AM Reply With Quote
Yea just lob a bit off- redrill and retap and jobs a gudun

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Bryan Sears

posted on 27/6/06 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info on my front setup it is a great help that I now know that you have had this problem and know how to solve it. I don’t think I would have ever been able to build a car without the massive amount of information that is on this site thanks again Bryan.

The only MNR Builder in East Sussex

Agriv8

posted on 27/6/06 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
numnuts

Nice looking Vortx

Especially as it has a proper engine in it

Sorry Post hi-jack

Regards Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Krismc

posted on 27/6/06 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
yea a car engine- funny that !!!! its in a car!!!!

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Agriv8

posted on 27/6/06 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Ah that makes Three Proper engined MNR's on here ( Ok before marc posts 2 and 1/2 as mine is half car half boat !!! )

Regards

Iain

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

chockymonster

posted on 27/6/06 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8
mine is half car half boat !!! )

So all you need is a pinto to slow it down

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
numnuts

posted on 27/6/06 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for compliment has taken 7months of hard work but iam very happy with finished product . Just waiting for sva date and hopefuly will be another vortx on the road .

numnuts

Nice looking Vortx

Especially as it has a proper engine in it

Sorry Post hi-jack

Regards Agriv8

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.