Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wiring up immobiliser help please!
chrsgrain

posted on 27/6/06 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
Wiring up immobiliser help please!

Hi all....

got the keyless immobilser in the post today - and I may be being really stupid but I can't work out what the wiring diagram is on about!

I've scanned it in (below). There are lots of black wires from the control box with numbers printed on them which correspond to the numbers on the wiring diagram - that's all OK. What I don't understand is why there are 2 of each wire for the important circuits (other than redundancy but it seems a bit excessive) and I am reading it right that all the power to, say, the starter motor goes through the control box - guess it must but perhaps that's why 2 wires each...

Any help would be appreciated!

Also I don't have any doors - should I put in a momentary switched earth switch which I can press to simulate opening the doors to keep the control box happy!!??

And (!) do you guys reckon the unlabelled box above the battery and below the starter motor is the ECU?

Thanks

Chris

jamesbond007ltk

posted on 27/6/06 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
there are two of each wire as the idea is that those circuits will be routed through the immobiliser. As it shows on the diagram you connect the two wires having cut the existing cable. For example:

At present it goes:

Power source-------fuel pump----ground

But with immobiliser:

Power source----immob-----fuel pump---ground.

Hope this helps.
If not post again or u2u me.

Rich

chrsgrain

posted on 27/6/06 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm - thanks for that, but I'm obviously being a bit dumb still!

There are, for example, 2 wires marked 06 and 2 wires marked 07. I would guess this means that for example I would wire;

power - fuel pump - ground as

power - 2 x 06 - immobilser - 2 x 07 - fuel pump - ground

but why does it need 2 wires??

Chris

jamesbond007ltk

posted on 27/6/06 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
Yep! Sorry, didn't read your post properly the 1st time and didn't answer your question at all! Not sure about the double wiring, other than redundancy like you say...still working on that one.

As far as the door switch is concerned, i had this worry with mine and was going to put an earth switch on dash or under seat to simulate door opening. However, when you switch on the ignition the immob will sense the power feed and will then not re-arm itself.

The unlabelled object could be the coil/coil pack. Don't think it is the ECU. Alternativley, does the manual mention anything about voltage sensing? This circuit is used on cars that have a delay on the coutesy light and stops the immob trying to arm itslef until all lights etc. have gone off.

chrsgrain

posted on 27/6/06 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Ah - thanks for that... won't worry too much about the earth then. Perhaps the 2 wires are to take any large load?

There isn't much of a manual! The wiring diagram is pretty much it for installation instructions

Chris

andyharding

posted on 27/6/06 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
The more wires there are the less chance of guessing the right one if you cut them!

My toad one has some redundant wires for power, ground etc.

I just wired the door switch to ground and it works fine.

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

jamesbond007ltk

posted on 27/6/06 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
if you have the door switch always wired to ground the immobiliser will always think a door is open and you will loose the auto re-arm feature. The rest of the system will still work fine but it can be useful to have auto re-arm. Like i said before, turning on the ignition will do the job.
chrsgrain

posted on 27/6/06 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Got it working!

All works fine - didn't test it actually starting the engine, but it clunks the starter solenoid (bit late a night for no exhaust running!)

Mine does need the 'door' switch wired to an earth, but that's no problem, also only using the fuel pump and starter circuits at the moment - got a spare one - any ideas what to use it for? Could put the ECU on it - but I'm a bit wary of doing that - not sure why though - don't have a separate coil feed (all in the ECU controlled loom)....

Thanks for the help

Chris

k33ts

posted on 27/6/06 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
theres two wires on each circut to enable it to carry upto 30amps its easier to cut shred solder two thinner wires rather than one phat one. follow as picture 2x06 to one side of fuel pump wire you have cut and 2x07 to the other.
dont connect the the door pin switch wire to anything.
if your going to immo the ignition circut make sure 03 still gets a ign feed when armed.
the two earths should be connected in different places more of a backup if one fails and not to battery.

tukcustoms.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.