Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Spotted - ppc car?
ned

posted on 6/7/06 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Spotted - ppc car?

I never got round to renewing my subscription but saw an old rangerover with a car on a trailer behind it, car had some ppc stickers on it and was mostly covered with a car cover but i'm sure it looked like the range rover the guy in the mag uses, car looked grey/primer, had big (aftermarket i think - didn't recognise them) alloy wheels and looked sporty/coupe/long bonnet shaped, what are they building at the moment that it could have been? spotted on a3 just south of m25 this afternoon about 1/4 to five...

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 6/7/06 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
yup it was the 27litre rover, just checked the ppc forum and i recognise about the lower half of the front corner (alloy wheel and square airdam with stickers) that i could see under the car cover that was on it

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i263/summer06_2006/f66e53e6.jpg

just read some more, probably en route to the goodwood festival of speed as i gather they have a stand..

[Edited on 6/7/06 by ned]

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MkIndy7

posted on 7/7/06 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
They look a bit like Aston Martin Vantage alloys, probably the only other car with anything near the Torque the Rover will have!
auzziejim

posted on 7/7/06 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
i thought they looked like jag xj220 wheels
bob

posted on 7/7/06 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
They started that tank engine squeezed into an old SD1 on the hour at goodwood today it was only beaten for sound by the Renault F1 team playing "god save the queen" on one of there engines which was given a round of applause

Simon

posted on 7/7/06 at 11:42 PM Reply With Quote
I saw the Rover - long bonnet not required - engine sits a long long way back

Bob,

I heard it playing La Marseillaise

Someone should point it out to James May!

ATB

Simon

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.