Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: moaning from the GF
graememk

posted on 14/7/06 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
moaning from the GF

my girlfriend has been moaning about the fact i spend every evening and sunday in the garage and thinks i should spend time with her so a agreed.

now i'm having to go jogging wither twice a week just so i can get time in the garage with out her moaning that we don’t spend time with each other.

how many other compromises do i have to make to get this car on the road.

have you ever seen a fat bloke jogging before ??? if not i'll let you know what time and day i go.

[Edited on 14/7/06 by graememk]

cloudy

posted on 14/7/06 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
that's just not on!

Being single has it's advantages - especially when building cars

www.warnercars.com

jos

posted on 14/7/06 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
The only hardship I had to suffer was the deal I had with my fiance which was if I get a kitcar she gets kittens to keep her company whilst I'm building

No real hardship as we now both enjoy the cats & we enjoy driving the kitcar together too (me driving her in the passenger seat)

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

Agriv8

posted on 14/7/06 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
Graememk,

Thinking here that you need to suffer from a bout of tedenitis ( meaning that you can not go for a run ).

My wifes was the same - tell her that the sooner she lets you get it finnished you will be able to take her out and spend time together and pose in front of her freinds.

Worked for me

Regards

Agriv8

[Edited on 14/7/06 by Agriv8]

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Monkeybasher

posted on 14/7/06 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
I was told I could spend as much time as I liked building the car on one condition, we got married when it was done. Cars finished and guess what I married.

Steve

chockymonster

posted on 14/7/06 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
I don't understand.
I get bought coffee, drinks and food.
I'm also told it's nice to have some peace and quiet in the house for a change.

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Agriv8

posted on 14/7/06 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chockymonster

I'm also told it's nice to have some peace and quiet in the house for a change.

Yep done that start asking questions in Corrie / East enders / holly oakes / emerdale ect soon get red carded to the garrage

Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Agriv8

posted on 14/7/06 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris mason
quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8

My wifes was the same - tell her that the sooner she lets you get it finnished you will be able to take her out and spend time together and pose in front of her freinds.

Regards

Agriv8

how many have you got!!!!

there's always other ways of doing it, while she sit's down to watch the usual crap on tv start up one of those conversations she longs after etc, that way she'll be glad when you go out to the garage at night.

Chris

OOOPS Typo --- ones more than enough ( bigamists must be masacists in my book )

but Going too try your ..... one of those conversations she longs after .... i reckon Ill get the 'Sod off' within 45 seconds maybe we could have a compation like your up and comming Drag times

Reaction time
0 to Expelled time
Terminal you can stop out there until

recon I could run mid 11's easy

Regards

Agriv8

andyharding

posted on 14/7/06 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Stop moaning. If you're fat you need to go out joggin!

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

Lawnmower

posted on 14/7/06 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
LOL,

Think of it as a car weight saving exercise.

Every pound you lose, means a lower centre of gravity!

MikeR

posted on 14/7/06 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
Stop moaning, you've got a misses

(i'd sort of like one, especially if she can figure out why the damned inertia starter motor is refusing to release from the flywheel)

andyps

posted on 14/7/06 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Chockymonster - any chance of changing your signature - it makes the pages too fat for my monitor, and I can't send it out for a jog!

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

Tricky Dave

posted on 14/7/06 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Mine went through a similar moaning phase, until the car went to get an exhaust fitted for two weeks. I spent the time getting drunk a lot and moping round the house looking depressed. Worked a treat!

Last night I came in at 10 to find she'd been crying cos "she missed me"! The garage is practically joined to the house, and she didn't come and see me once! There was plenty of cleaning up she could have helped with too.

nige

posted on 14/7/06 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
moaning wife

i wish mine would but not in garage !!!!!

she,s a diamond , helped me paint chassis the other week and is that extra hand when i need it
bring the coffee and comes to shows with me ,,, TOP girl

when you start this journey
you think it will be done in " no " time but then " no " turns into a " bloody " long time

Confused but excited.

posted on 14/7/06 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
If she wants to spend more time with you, get her to clean your components. My missus is a demon with solvol. If I can't find anything in the garage I ask her, she knows where everthing is.
Building a car together.
Now that's quality time.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

clutch_kick

posted on 14/7/06 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
Sold my GT-Four coz of my gf, she just wouldn't get in it. Suspension too hard, exhaust too noisey, view outside becomes too blurry, too quickly.

Spent about six months in a chronic depression, after which she was begging me to build the kit kar so that i'd get back some willingness to get on with life.

Now i just need the money LOL

Fred W B

posted on 14/7/06 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
Girls get PMS, we get PWS.........

Project Withdrawal Syndrome - when domestic or other obligations cause a shortage of garage time

Cheers

Fred W B

Danozeman

posted on 14/7/06 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
MIne was moaning so i had to give her a baby for summit to do!! Count yourselves lucky!!

Hehehehe I dont mean that. she has a telly.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

gingerprince

posted on 14/7/06 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyps
Chockymonster - any chance of changing your signature - it makes the pages too fat for my monitor, and I can't send it out for a jog!

But then it wouldn't make sense

DIY Si

posted on 14/7/06 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
Mine got so feed up of me being out in the garage all the time, that she agreed to let me buy one instead. Only bugger is I mihgt now have to sell it to pay for a deposit on a new house. Which has no garage.
andyps

posted on 14/7/06 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerprince
quote:

I know that - but keep scrolling side to side makes it really difficult to read anyway, I lose track of which 1 I am reading at the time

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

MikeR

posted on 14/7/06 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
main squeeze........

how many do you have?

chockymonster

posted on 14/7/06 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gingerprince
quote:

I know that - but keep scrolling side to side makes it really difficult to read anyway, I lose track of which 1 I am reading at the time

Pfft, spoilsports

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeR

posted on 14/7/06 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
There are only 11 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, those who don't and those who can't count.

russbost

posted on 14/7/06 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Mine got so feed up of me being out in the garage all the time, that she agreed to let me buy one instead. Only bugger is I mihgt now have to sell it to pay for a deposit on a new house. Which has no garage.

You are seriously considering buying a house without a garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sell the wife on ebay instead!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.