Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 wiring
jim7

posted on 14/7/06 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
R1 wiring

Hi,

Am in the process of building an mk indy R1. Getting to wiring stage which I dread!.

Waiting on wiring diagram from MK for new car loom I purchased from them. So I am trying to make sense of R1 loom (5jj engine). Think (I hope) I have identified most of connections but would like confirmation the connector shown goes to clocks (R1 instrument cluster).

This connector seems to have a lot of the wires cut so presumably not needed for BEC?

The connector doesn't fit into the R1 Clock, so if this is meant for clock is there a connecting link?

Oh and I think I may have cocked up on the clocks bought off flea-bay before I knew engine was 5jj , I think the clock I bought is off the earlier carbed engine anyone know if this will be compatiable?

Thanks for any help offered

Regards
jim Rescued attachment wiring_connector1.jpg
Rescued attachment wiring_connector1.jpg

fesycresy

posted on 14/7/06 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Between the main loom and the clocks is a headlamp loom.

The 02/03 efi clocks are not compatible with earlier carb'd clocks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Coose

posted on 14/7/06 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
The clocks off a 4XV (98-99) will not work with a 5JJ (00-01). You may be able to make them work if you know what you're doing, but it's not worth the hassle.

Yes, there is a sub-loom which plugs into that connector that runs up to the clocks. It has the headlamp and switchgear connections etc. on it and they're like hen's teeth for some reason!

Spin 'er off Well...

speed8

posted on 15/7/06 at 05:45 AM Reply With Quote
That looks very like the connector on my start circuit cutoff relay that's caused me no end of problems recently.

I don't know if it's the same on the 00 looms as I have an 03.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.