Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: r1 bike carbs on a pinto
omega0684

posted on 16/7/06 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
r1 bike carbs on a pinto

a late evening to you all,

i have been thinking about putting R1 bike carbs on to my pinto for a while now, at present i have weber 40's but they are too tight in the engine bay and i cant get one of the trumpets to fit, this has forced me to turn to bike carbs.

i know that this has been covered before, but after doing a search, i couldn't find much info. i know that some of you have also done this conversion and i would be very grateful if you could advise me on what needs to be done.

a few questions,

1) is the manifold for the bike carbs angled upwards? my weber carb manifold is just the std one, which makes them not fit.

2)how difficult is it to install the bike carbs onto a pinto engine and are they difficult to set up? will i need to have a RR session on to get them tuned nice?

3) how much should i expect to pay for a set of Yamahe R1 carbs, do i have to have a special manifold made for the pinto to carb link?

cheers guys, as much info as possible would be great, pictures would be excellent too

ATB Alex

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tom windmill

posted on 16/7/06 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
hi Alex,

i have kawasaki ZX9 carbs on my pinto.
the manifold is angled upwards.

The carbs are dead easy to fit they just basicly sit on and away you go!

we have got away with not cutting a hole in the bonnet with ours although they would possibly be better with a cold air feed.

we have used a home made manifold but if you want a manifold making IIRC bogg bros make them for £120 but double check!!

we bought the carbs from ebay for 40.00 so i wouldnt pay alot more than that realy.

you may wish to have a RR session but ours seem fine just by altering the carbs at home.

For pictures visit 'jacko''s archive as he has the exact same setup as we do!

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=gal&user=jacko&folder=zx9r%20carbs%20and%20manifold

i hope that has helped you Tom!

[Edited on 16/7/06 by tom windmill]

omega0684

posted on 16/7/06 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
would these be any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suzuki-GSXR600-SRAD-Carbs-Breaking-Whole-Bike_W0QQitemZ220007215080QQihZ012QQcategoryZ10534QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andyharding

posted on 17/7/06 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Finished motor
Finished motor

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

omega0684

posted on 17/7/06 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
arh mint they look great, r they the R1 carbs, do they not have trumpets on them. forgive me as i nothing about bike carbs or engines, are there any books you can by on the R1 carbs

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.