Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ebay sellers from hong kong etc...
Aboardman

posted on 27/7/06 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
ebay sellers from hong kong etc...

Looking for a new watch lost the old one and been looking on the old ebay site, my question is has anybody bought from singapore or hong kong as does it cause problems with customs (ie duty to pay) and are the watches fake and are the guantees world wide.
thanks

ruskino80

posted on 27/7/06 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
its all junk and you may have to pay duty
stevec

posted on 27/7/06 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Bought a MP3 for my daughter it broke exactly half an hour later. They did replace it and it died after a month or so. Would not buy that way again and if customs do open it I think you get the bill. However I know people who have good stuff aswell.
Steve.

D Beddows

posted on 27/7/06 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
99.999% fake obviously! (most of the 'name' watches/pens/mobile phone accessories etc etc on ebay are anyway ) as long as you go into it knowing that and don't pay much I'd say go for it. I've bought one or two things from Hong Kong sellers and to be honest I've had less hastle, better quality fakes and better service than from quite a few UK sellers.....

Any kind of guarentee wont be worth the paper its written on though

snapper

posted on 27/7/06 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
I have in my travels throught the former Yougoslavia bought replicar (fake)
Rolex, Breitling, RayBan and other goods all very good for the price but no guarantees. 25 euros for the watches and they do look the biz, 5 euros for the RayBans, look good but don't work.
Most of this stuff comes from China.
Don't pay more than you are prepeared to loose.

[Edited on 27/7/06 by snapper]

Hellfire

posted on 27/7/06 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a Titanium Porsche watch from China... it was £6! The material alone maybe worth more than that now but it's a crock that holds good time. It was nothing like what they advertised, they advertised the watch as slimline (in who's eyes?) It's a nice looking watch apart from it's 20mm thick!!!

Buy a proper one!

andrew.carwithen

posted on 27/7/06 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a cheap watch on Ebay from Hong Kong (It had the Plymouth Argyle crest on the face) and cost a grand total of £7 inc. postage. (Thought 'what the hell - if it doesn't arrive etc. I've only lost a few quid.)
It arrived within 10 days and has worked fine from day one.
Do the usual checks like reading their feedback score etc. Don't spend more than you can afford to lose and you should be ok.

indykid

posted on 27/7/06 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
just ordered a phone cover from hong kong.

it's rubber coated, so should last more than a month in my pocket with keys. i don't know if it'll arrive, but if not, i paid £4, posted. i've lost more than that in the course of a normal day, before.

if you can't afford to lose it, don't think about paying it, and don't expect it to be genuine, unless genuine fake. i'd maybe think twice about a watch though.
tom

wyatt

posted on 28/7/06 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
I have bought 2 MP3 players one of them was an IPod copy

got them both about 3 months ago with no problems with duty and work great.

www.bynxy.co.uk

02GF74

posted on 28/7/06 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
I bought a casio protek watch, titatnium bracelet and the one with built in compass.

Arrived quickly, no duty - that is random and depends if customs are having a good day or not.

Dunno if tis is fake - certailny looks real and it took a lot of effort to do the manual, billions of pages of it in different language,

keeps good time so I am happy with it; caost about 1/2 price in UK.

also got 2 memory sticks, both look genuine and work fine, well the first one I bought seems to give a problem when it is warm - need to lok into so not so happy an ending there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.