Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Red Top engine wiring loom
7 in a fancy suit

posted on 2/8/06 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Red Top engine wiring loom

I've just bought a Vauxhall Tigra with a 2.0 Red Top engine fitted, but can't get it to run right. A local mechanic who has done many conversions reckons that the engine wiring loom may be knackered (he swopped brain, air meter, etc, to no effect) and has given up until I get a another engine loom. As my own Westfield has a redtop and came with twin 45's and Motec ignition, I reckoned that there might be somebody out there who has a spare loom that they would part with. I've been told it needs to be a 91/92 engine loom for a distributor engine, not coilpack.

Anybody have one??

Colin.

A man gets lonely in the desert.......and bored

MkIndy7

posted on 2/8/06 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Don't have one i'm afraid,

But if you describe what you mean by not running right people might be able to help in that way.

7 in a fancy suit

posted on 2/8/06 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
The car starts and runs, but is drastically overfuelling. It has that heavy lumpy sound like a car running on full choke. The mechanic had a couple of converted Corsas in his workshop and pulled bits off cars that he knew were running, but it made no difference. He has been doing red top conversions for years (£1250 a pop) and seemed to know his stuff. He said that the engine looms can give trouble, especially ones like mine that had been butchered a bit by somebody who didn't know exactly what they were doing. The bottom line is that I can fit Webers and aftermarket ignition like my Westie if I have to, but as I want this as my everyday roadcar, the original system would be good.

A man gets lonely in the desert.......and bored

MkIndy7

posted on 2/8/06 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Overfueling like mad,

Has he tried the Coolant Temperature Sencor (CTS) the 2 wire temp sencor.
The other single wire one is for the Guage.

Thats aparently another common item to fail and doen't show as a fault code, just tells the ECU its at some crazy - oC temp so it richens up the mixture.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.