Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: weber linkage
ady8077

posted on 27/8/06 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
weber linkage

Hi

Fitted a new slimmer manifold yesterday, went to refit my twin 45's today and the linkage wont fit inbetween the carbs

I have fitted the throttle cable bit to the righthand side of the right carb, and made a balancing link to go between, anyone see a problem with doing it this way?

Adrian

roadboy

posted on 27/8/06 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
I have had to cut a little bit off the link that goes into the balancing linkage to make them fit without binding on Zetec manifolds.
HTH
Ian

Jude Performance Services

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
lotustwincam

posted on 27/8/06 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ady8077
I have fitted the throttle cable bit to the righthand side of the right carb, and made a balancing link to go between, anyone see a problem with doing it this way?

Adrian

It's not recommended to do it this way as it will cause the throttle shaft to twist.

In severe cases you'll never be able to get the carbs balanced as even within the one body one of the butterfly's will be opened more than the other.

Drew

zetec7

posted on 28/8/06 at 03:15 AM Reply With Quote
That's right - there has to be an adjustment available between the two carbs, or balancing them won't be possible - and you NEED to be able to balance them!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ady8077

posted on 28/8/06 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
Hi guys

I've made a new bracket and moved the linkage back to centre

Adrian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.