Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: filling sva form in, help required
perky 91

posted on 7/9/06 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
filling sva form in, help required

hi all
need some help filling form SVA1 in please,

question 9 car is locost and i want to retain original number plate, have used engine and parts etc, am i correct in saying tick C????

question 13 maximum road speed car is based on 2.0 litre cortina???

question 15 axle 1 weight ????
axle 2 weight ????
gross weight ????

im sure these have all been asked before so many thanks if you can help me out

HAL 1
Builder

Posts 226
Registered 5/2/06
Location bolton

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built haldane 100, retirement project Marcos GT

posted on 7/9/06 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
hi
Q9 I think if car is scrapped then you'll probably get age related
dont know about other answers, do they get filled in at test station ?
I'm sure others will know.

nitram38

posted on 7/9/06 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
You need 8 points for an age related plate.
Engine = 1 Gearbox = 1 Axle = 1 etc.
But you will get 5 points for a new or manufacturers chassis.
I just called myself "Bickell Designs" as I am the Manufacturer and I showed a receipt for new materials (chassis has to be proved as new or a receipt from manufacturer).
You will need the original V5 or a receipt for the car. I had a receipt from the breakers.
I got an age related plate to that of my engines age.
After talking to the DVLA, you will get the relevent forms from them.

[Edited on 7/9/2006 by nitram38]

JohnN

posted on 7/9/06 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Q9, answer should be A, not C, unless you are in the business of constructing vehicles for a living. Therefore you need to have agreed a chassis number with DVLA. Simplest way is by letter. In my case getting them to phone me back to discuss was a nightmare. You won't be able to retain the original registration of the donor.

Q13, suggest 115mph, locosts have brick aerodynamics + it helps with tyre speed ratings.
Max engine power revs relate to the exhaust noise test, which is conducted at some % of what you answer here. So answer needs to be not too high as it will make the noise test harder, suggest 5krpm, seems reasonable

Q15, Max design load per axle, most kit car manufacturers give advice on this, cant remember mine, but was taken from old Luego website, don't think build manual is there now. Again care is needed as values are plumbed into sva brake test calculation. Values should be something like 550Kg front , 500Kg rear, gross weight 1050Kg

[Edited on 7/9/06 by JohnN]

robinj66

posted on 7/9/06 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure if your response to Q9 will make any difference (A or C). As I understand it you can only retain the original donor reg number if you are retaining the chassis (usually the floorpan on beetle based kits) - otherwise you end up with an "age related " plate. Would be interested to know if others disagree.

Not sure if the max road sped really matters except that your speedo must read in excess of the figure you put down on the form.
It is extremely important what you put down as the Max power engine speed - this will determine the revs at which your noise test will be done.
It is therfore in your best interests not to exaggerate the figure - as an example i put down 3500 revs for my V6 powered Cobra.

Not sure where you get figures for axle weights. I got them from the build manual but i dare say there are people on here that can give you an idea of the axle weights they have used to pass an SVA - the figures are important because they are used in the brake tests at the SVA.
Axle 1 is the front, axle 2 is the rear. Axle 3 is "N/A" ; Gross is 1 & 2 added and for "train" I was advised to add 500 kg to "gross figure" (supposed to give idea of towing weights)

I would also advise you to look at the useful sections on the Totalkitcar website

nitram38

posted on 7/9/06 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
To keep the donor reg, you need to use the original chassis.
perky 91

posted on 7/9/06 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for all the help
question 9 is still tricking me i have orignal chassis plate, have V 5 am getting prove of engine, and as for original parts, engine, gearbox, rear axle from hubs, brakes, so does this mean a or c

Hellfire

posted on 7/9/06 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Like the others have said, the box to tick in question 9 is 'A'

The form you are filling in is a VOSA form for SVA, not a DVLA form for registration.

Phil

[Edited on 7-9-06 by Hellfire]

James

posted on 8/9/06 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
YOU WILL NOT be able to keep the number plate!

Chances are you will get an age-related plate. Although some people get a 'Q', depends on the office.

Sorry Nitram, but I don't agree with you that they will use the points system! That's not for this sort of car.... it's for things like conversions and stuff.

Just read the DVLA document INF26 and it will explain it all.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

nitram38

posted on 8/9/06 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
They used the point system for my car last month!
I had to complete the form myself and the inspector had to confirm my reciepts for the chassis material.
I got 5 points for a new chassis.
I didn't imagine it!

wicket

posted on 8/9/06 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
They used the points system for mine in June and got an age related when I expected a 'Q'

Axle weights we put as 450kg front and rear, gross vehicle weight 900kg

[Edited on 8/9/06 by wicket]

DIY Si

posted on 8/9/06 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
I assume mine was the same, as I have an age related plate and a bird engine!

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

perky 91

posted on 8/9/06 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
thanks all

will send form off now and see what happens with regards to points, will be happy if get age related plate

Peteff

posted on 8/9/06 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
YOU WILL NOT be able to keep the number plate!

Mine was allocated the donor number by Sheffield VRO.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

nitram38

posted on 9/9/06 at 03:11 AM Reply With Quote
Like I said, you would need to keep the original chassis to retain the reg and on a locost, that isn'y going to happen.
The best you can get is an aged related plate.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.