Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Which kit/chassis is right for me?
impreziv

posted on 17/9/06 at 01:13 AM Reply With Quote
Which kit/chassis is right for me?

Hello everyone. I live in Winnipeg, Canada. And I am wanting to start my Locost project sometime this winter.

I have been looking at a few of the kits availible (Luego, Birkin, MK). I am planning on using a Toyota 4AGE 20V engine, with a T-50 tranny. And I definately want an IRS+LSD rear end.

What I am looking for is a Kit that comes with a completed chassis, bodywork, suspension, brakes, wheelhubs, steering, and an IRS+LSD rear end.

I am leaning towards the Luego Locost kit. It seems to offer what I want, except it looks like it is intended for a certain few Donor cars, none of which are availible in Canada.

Is there any Kits that come complete with the diff, axles, and wheelhubs? this would interest me alot more than fumbling around at a junkyard measuring Diffs and axle lengths.

thanks for the help anyone can offer

cheers

locostv8

posted on 17/9/06 at 03:15 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.deman-motorsport.com/widekits.htm

Just remember speed & time cost, how fast you wanna go.

http://wrangler.rutgers.edu/gallery2/v/7slotgrille/hssss/

zetec7

posted on 17/9/06 at 05:50 AM Reply With Quote
COOL!! More of us from the Great White North!!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zetec7

posted on 17/9/06 at 05:51 AM Reply With Quote
BTW, Victoria, BC, Canada here, eh?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
StevieB

posted on 17/9/06 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
If you're getting a kit shipped out from the UK, why not see if the can throw in the donor components from a ford sierra to the delivery as well?

I have an MK build underway and got all of my donor parts for a bike engined car for £150 from MK Sportscars - far easier than trying to get each part individually or taking a donor car apart in my drive (wife banned me from that!)

scotty g

posted on 17/9/06 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
considering the exchange rate you would surely get a better deal if you got the kit from Canada.
My Dad has just got back from Nova Scotia and showed me a load of pictures, WOW what a great place, you guys have propper bends in the roads like us over here too!

impreziv

posted on 17/9/06 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the replies everyone. i had looked over the build specs for that DeMan kit. it looks like it includes everything i need. i'll look into it some more though.

im still considering the Luego Locost. Haler Concepts in Alberta sells it, just as complete as the DeMan Stg3, for about $1000 cheaper than the Deman.

BusaLoco: the reason im doing a Toyota 4AGE 20v engine, is because it is an engine that Toyota has used for their Open-wheel Forumla Atlantic race cars. they can be built to rev to 14,000rpm and make 250hp normally aspirated.

i wont be going that high with the specs, but im hoping i can reach 200hp if i rev to 10,000rpm

bimbleuk

posted on 17/9/06 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
I whish I could just spin mine up to 10,000RPM and get 200HP.

By the time you've built a Formula Atlantic spec engie there ain't much left of the orginal engine

impreziv

posted on 17/9/06 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bimbleuk
By the time you've built a Formula Atlantic spec engie there ain't much left of the orginal engine

very true. the formula atlantic engine rates the lifespan of its valvesprings in hours.

ill be more than thrilled to get the stock motor running on the locost chassis.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.