Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Insurance
Furious D

posted on 19/9/06 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
Insurance

I know it has been asked hundreds of times but my computer connecting is crap today to searching will take ages.

Just phone Adrian Flux for a Tiger Cat E1 worth 6K with 2.0 pinto and they quoted me £296 with £150 excess.

Is this any good and who else should i contact.

Cheers
D
PS: I am 29 years old car will be garaged limited to 3,000 miles, 2 accidents, one claimed off third party the other i wrote my motorbike paid out £6150.

shed

posted on 19/9/06 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
try sureterm direct 0870 20 20 230 i pay £109 full comp for a mk indy r1,,
Furious D

posted on 19/9/06 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shed
try sureterm direct 0870 20 20 230 i pay £109 full comp for a mk indy r1,,

Just spoken to them and they wanted well over £500.

mmmmmhhhh think i will give that a miss.

oliwb

posted on 19/9/06 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Footman James have always been the cheapest with me (Tiger cat) though I've never gone with them in the end for one reason or another. I'm at the moment with MSM who are fantastic, friendly and can duplicate a no claims bonus so you don't lose it on your other car! Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Furious D

posted on 19/9/06 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oliwb
Footman James have always been the cheapest with me (Tiger cat) though I've never gone with them in the end for one reason or another. I'm at the moment with MSM who are fantastic, friendly and can duplicate a no claims bonus so you don't lose it on your other car! Oli.

Just called MSM, they will not insure anyone who has made a claim of £5k or more in the past year, so that puts me out.

D

COREdevelopments

posted on 19/9/06 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
how old are all you guys? dont think mine will be that low!! when it on the road that is

russbost

posted on 19/9/06 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Flux will nearly always come down if you tell them you've a cheaper quote. I pay £276 full comp which for a twin engined one-off must be a bargain. Mind you, I am 110 years old with 100 years no claim.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Furious D

posted on 19/9/06 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Furious D
I know it has been asked hundreds of times but my computer connecting is crap today to searching will take ages.

Just phone Adrian Flux for a Tiger Cat E1 worth 6K with 2.0 pinto and they quoted me £296 with £150 excess.

Is this any good and who else should i contact.

Cheers
D
PS: I am 29 years old car will be garaged limited to 3,000 miles, 2 accidents, one claimed off third party the other i wrote my motorbike paid out £6150.

Spoke to Footman james and they came up with £323 but that included legal, breakdown cover and european cover of upto 35 days per trip. Flux wanted another £42 with the breakdown cover, so Footman James are looking good.

02GF74

posted on 20/9/06 at 06:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Furious D

insurance really p155es me off; if you havre more than one car/bike, then you make one claim but you get hammered on all the policies. It should be really penalised on the vehicle you made the claim for; or else there should be a system where the driver has one policy covering all the vehicles, maybe having an indiviudual fire./theft police as after all, you can drive ponly 1 vehicle at a time.

grrrrr.............

not sure who is the cheapest; I'm with AF.

Coose

posted on 20/9/06 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Try Osborne and Son. Mine is in the low £200's for an R1 Striker. I had 6 points at the time (and still will have as far as they're concerned, even though 3 have expired.... ) and a £3k claim last year.

Very helpful they are!

[Edited on 20/9/06 by Coose]

Spin 'er off Well...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.