Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: McSorley +442 Rorty IRS chassis sale
DunkerT

posted on 22/9/06 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
McSorley +442 Rorty IRS chassis sale

Hello,

In a few weeks I plan on starting the build of a McSorley +442 chassis with Rorty IRS and a few slight modifications which I have found on reputable sites to lower the weight and raise the stiffness of the chassis. I plan on building this chassis using appropriate jigs that I will make. I am a mechanical and automotive engineering student in Newcaslte University with experience in welding and the access to very experienced lecturers and workshop workers who will help me along.
I was thinking, having made all the necessary jigs and so on to make one chassis it would not be too difficult to make a few more perhaps and sell them. I would also make all necessary wishbones and brackets if they were wanted.
I was wondering if there is anyone on here who would be interested in buying one of these chassis and what would be a fair price for them.

Thanks very much all.
Tom

scotty g

posted on 22/9/06 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
I'll take one for £50.
DunkerT

posted on 22/9/06 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
Hum,
Maybe after a bit more than that, haha.
Need to make a bit of profit to fund the rest of my build, as my small student loan wont quite stretch far enough.
Tom

ch1ll1

posted on 22/9/06 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
i will give ya £51.25 and my old school bag

DunkerT

posted on 22/9/06 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
hum,
tempting but I dont think that I'd be able to trade your school bag for many needed parts for my build, haha.
Perhaps my downfall here was to ask how much people would be willing to pay....

ecosse

posted on 22/9/06 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
It might be a better idea to show a finished chassis first, as I think you will struggle to find anyone who will buy a major component like a chassis without knowing if it will be any good (no offence)

Cheers

Alex

StevieB

posted on 22/9/06 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
You need to complete the car and have lots of photo's of the build to show people a good product for their money.

Home chassis' are for hobbyists. Selling them is business, and needs to be treat as such - you need to work out your costs and overheads and then decide what profit you want on top of everything.

DunkerT

posted on 22/9/06 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
hey,
yeah I do know what you mean. Fair comments (no offence taken ). I was just wondering if anyone would be interested. I would build one first and take lots of photos to show. I was just wondering if anyone would be interested. If people did order one after seeing my first job,I would not expect them to pay if they were not happy with the quality.
I was just thinking of making a spare one or two maybe just to make a bit of spare cash for the rest of the build.
I'll get mine built first and get some phtos sorted out and then try and post again. I was just wondering if anyone thinks they may be interested as a cheaper option than many of the chassis I've looked at which cost £600+.
Cheers
Tom

scotty g

posted on 23/9/06 at 06:41 AM Reply With Quote
On a serious note, i'm sure that if you prove to be capable of doing a decent job you will get people interested, there is a thread running at the moment where a guy is looking for a bigger chassis.
ashtal

posted on 27/9/06 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
How are you changing the rorty IRS back end to fit the 442 ? Am i right in saying the rorty IRS is for a "book chassis and the 442 is 4 inches wider than "book" !

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.