Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Omega donor !?!
ashtal

posted on 26/9/06 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
Omega donor !?!

I plan to build a "book" locost with irs rear axle . I have now got a vauxhall omega 3.0 24v mv6 pushing out over 215 bhp. Is there any reason why i cant use this car as my donor ? I know it will take alot of modding parts and playing about with it.

any reason ?

SALAD

posted on 26/9/06 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
I'll take a guess and suggest that the 'book' engine bay may be a tad on the small size for such an engine. Should I be corrected shortly then do ignore me!

StevieB

posted on 26/9/06 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Could always go for the McSorley 442 - should give more than enough room.

That engine with some webers strapped on should be pretty impressive (make sure the chassis can handle the power though!)

omega 24 v6

posted on 26/9/06 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
I don't have the pics and can't take any credit but here they are from This thread

It is a MEGA tidy build and a tight fit by the looks of it.

[Edited on 26/9/06 by omega 24 v6]

russbost

posted on 26/9/06 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
I've always thought the Omega MV6 would make a brilliant donor & it's quite a small engine too so may not need too much mods on the engine bay - I would suggest that you use its complete loom tho' cos otherwise the electrics (traction control,abs,power steering sensors etc) might get a bit involved!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
ashtal

posted on 26/9/06 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Some great responces there. Where can i get plans to build a bigger than "book" chassis, but it must inc IRS. I do really want to build the whole chassis from scratch.
cryoman1965

posted on 26/9/06 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
Look, in the LINKS page under Mcsorley buid plans.
Johnmor

posted on 28/1/07 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
Omega v6

That is a cool looking set, very smart.

Looks as if it may fit under the bonnet as well

I like it.

Pezza

posted on 28/1/07 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
That's in an SE to boot, hardly a big car to start with.

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

ashtal

posted on 11/3/07 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
The omega is coming off the road soon so work will start. Kinda changed my mind about building a chassis. I have found a 442 chassis with irs so think that would make a good chassis to start from. Also spoke to a bloke who had a tuned 3.0 v6 omega pushing out over 260 bhp !!! Now that would be fun in the kit car!

[Edited on 11/3/07 by ashtal]

[Edited on 11/3/07 by ashtal]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.