Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Price of Ready Mix Concrete?
Avoneer

posted on 26/9/06 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Price of Ready Mix Concrete?

Anyone know the rough price per cubic metre of concrete?

Thanks,

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dave r

posted on 26/9/06 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
quite expensive, but cant remember how much, but far nicer and worth the money to mixing your own

i had 9 cubic meters when i laid the workshop base. was hard enough with 6 of us on the barrows

ch1ll1

posted on 26/9/06 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
just bought 12 cubic meters

works out 6 meters a truck (then its cheaper) it was £68 per meter
but will be more the less you order

[Edited on 26/9/06 by ch1ll1]

Pdlewis

posted on 26/9/06 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Depends how much your buying. If its garage floor quality (GEN3) this has no reinforcement fibers in it expect to pay around £130 m3 if you have a single cube if you have 6-8 cube (the 2 size lorries) you will be looking to pay between 55 - 65 depending on the company

Bardons will do it cheap if you tell them Lafarge will do it cheaper as they are in a price war

Pdlewis

posted on 26/9/06 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry...

forgot to say if you have a branch of burdens merchants they will delivery ready mix in ton bags which may work out cheaper

UncleFista

posted on 26/9/06 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
No help, but you've reminded me of the time we needed the back yard concreting, years ago. Bloke over the road drove a concrete wagon and we arranged for a few metres "cash in hand", he said he wasn't sure when it'd be, but when he delivered we'd better not hang around.

A few days later I'd come home from work for my lunch and as I looked out of the kitchen window there was the roar of a big diesel and I was looking a a *huge* pile of rapidly setting concrete. A couple of phone calls and a few hours backbreaking work, we had a concreted yard.

My main memory is how heavy the bloody stuff was

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

RobBrown

posted on 26/9/06 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
I just had a quote for 5 cubic metres, suitable for a shed base, £399.50 incl VAT, 110 wheel barrow loads

Remember most of these companies also have a wait time, when delivering.
The above company said the first 45 minutes were free but then I would be charged £15 for every additional 15 minutes or part thereof. Means you have to unload pretty quickly.

Regards
Rob

Mike R-F

posted on 26/9/06 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Best way to get redimix is to go along with a trailer late in the day & offer cash. I could get nearly a cube on & paid £30.00 cash & did that for 3 days running
richardR1

posted on 26/9/06 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
I had 19 cube delivered the other week for my garage foundations and that came out at £56 a cube including VAT. As has been said the first cube is the dearest as you are paying the transport costs. I've got another 9 cube coming for the garage floor on Thursday. Be sure to specify what you want it for, my delivery on Thursday is mixed to suit a power floated finish so I can get a nice glass smooth surface.

MK Owners Club Member 1015

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.