Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ebay Account Hacked
greggors84

posted on 29/9/06 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
Ebay Account Hacked

Last night i suddenly had 40 new emails, all from ebay confirming listings. Apparently I was selling 40 designer handbags.

I logged in straight away and changed my password, then cancelled all the listings.

What confuses me is they never changed my password and the was never anything funny about the listings. They only wanted paying via paypal, but the buyer would have been directed to my account.

Also i havent had any dodgy ebay emails recently, and have never replied to any. Do they have better ways of getting in these days?

Link to one of the listings.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180033558097&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ARTQ%3AUK%3A1&rd=1

This one sold while i was ended them, so emailed the buyer to stop them sending payment.

cct7kitcars

posted on 29/9/06 at 11:44 PM Reply With Quote
i had a few accounts hacked but did you ask for positive feedback of the buyer

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Chardonnay in one hand, Tequila in the other, body bearing battle scars and totally worn out, screaming- WOO HOO!! What a Ride!

ReMan

posted on 29/9/06 at 11:45 PM Reply With Quote
Postage £43!
You should be ashamed of your self!

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

JackNco

posted on 30/9/06 at 12:22 AM Reply With Quote
check ur paypal account info and password

Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I'm worried about the difference between wrong and fun.
O'Rourke, P.J. (1989), Holidays in hell. London (Picador)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
auzziejim

posted on 30/9/06 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
were you drunk last nite? thats fatal

my old man recently had some pay pal type emails asking him to sign in and confirm certain things. funniest thing is he doesnt have a pay pal account

hope you get it sorted bud

RazMan

posted on 30/9/06 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
Something similar happen to me a couple of months ago. I was apparently placing bids all over the place for pda's and gps systems.
It was all sorted out by eBay very quickly and I changed my password to make sure it didn't happen again.
I can't see what these hackers gain out of this - they can never get the goods 'they' bid for or receive payments without revealing their identity. Is it just malicious vandalism?

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JackNco

posted on 30/9/06 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
Something similar happen to me a couple of months ago. I was apparently placing bids all over the place for pda's and gps systems.
It was all sorted out by eBay very quickly and I changed my password to make sure it didn't happen again.
I can't see what these hackers gain out of this - they can never get the goods 'they' bid for or receive payments without revealing their identity. Is it just malicious vandalism?

its just 15year olds getting kicks out of guessing obdviouse passwords. or brute forcing it. if it was actualy hacked it would take skill n generaly the people with the skill to do this are a bit more respectfull

John

Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I'm worried about the difference between wrong and fun.
O'Rourke, P.J. (1989), Holidays in hell. London (Picador)

greggors84

posted on 30/9/06 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
Luckily my paypal account is different, but have changed that one too.

I would have thought if they had gone to the effort of listing 40 handbags they would have made sure that they got something out of it!

Maybe when someone bought one they emailed them a different paypal address. Although it was never mentioned when I emailed the buyer of the one i posted.

[Edited on 30/9/2006 by greggors84]

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

iank

posted on 30/9/06 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Bizarrely it would seem to be the same people who hijacked donuts account about this time last year. He also got into the volume handbag business

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=34581

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.