Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: This amused me (Courtesey of Robin Hood)
Pdlewis

posted on 4/10/06 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
This amused me (Courtesey of Robin Hood)

Been a Robin Hood owner i occasionly look at the RH forums but never joined because they seem to have a very odd attitued to the online comunity idea!!!

Just went to look at the lightweight situation and found this thread which seems to hi-light how anal these people are

http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=13344

StevieB

posted on 4/10/06 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Don't know what daftest- the fcat that they call the car a Lightweight, yet someone refers to it being 600kg (Light!?!), or the fact that there's 3 pages of this crap!

Maybe they have to go to a different SVA than everyone else and also arent allowed to get a copy of the manual?

graememk

posted on 4/10/06 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
they dont get out much do they, i spoke to nots sva and they said as long as you use common sence when building and make sure its all strong enough it will pass

StevieB

posted on 4/10/06 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by graememk
as you use common sence when building and make sure its all strong enough it will pass

So I can't have daggers black nastied to the front of the car then? Or will I just need to put some edge trim on them?

MikeRJ

posted on 4/10/06 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
They are definately a funny old bunch, and you are right they don't seem to have grasped the whole idea of an online forum.

Seems to me that it is regarded as a virtual owners club meeting, with paid up members gathered around the bar drinking pints of Old Grommit and discussing the merits of sliding pillar suspension, whilst occaisionaly glowering at the group of peple at the other end of the room who've yet to pay up for full membership.

At least one of the more established members appears to be an utter w*****r, but you get them wherevere you go.

Kissy

posted on 5/10/06 at 06:20 AM Reply With Quote
Blimey!

If you didn't know it was the RHOC forum you wouldn't really guess they are talking about cars. I'd love to know what some of them do for jobs - although I think a few work where I do

Be nice (in a twisted way) to be a fly on the wall at their AGM.

russbost

posted on 5/10/06 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
You sure that's not part of a VOSA board meeting that's been posted on the Rh site by mistake??

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
James

posted on 5/10/06 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
Gotta feel sorry for (un-SVA'd) 600Kg Lightweight owners- spending a fortune and a load of time building then finding you maybe can't SVA it.

Specially if you've spent £8k on one!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

russbost

posted on 5/10/06 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure they can be got thro' sva one way or another, particularly if it's just stiffening that's required.

As regards the RHOC forum, you feel you're waiting for someone to stand up & say "a point of order Mr Chairman" they do seem to have missed the point of mucking in & helping one another & discussing stuff to find a solution, seems strange as whenever I've met any Robin Hood owners they are a sensible down to earth bunch.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
lexi

posted on 5/10/06 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
I`m not going to look at the site in case it`s as sad as you are all making out. I got something to do in garage tonight and I need to keep positive.
Alex

redfive

posted on 5/10/06 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
Gents

This thread has been forwarded to the RHOCar forum and I have just read it along with the RHOCaR thread you are talking about.

Could I just say something. There are somewhere like 800 members in RHOCaR most of whom are very decent people. Their age range, careers and abilites are very broad. In fact possibly no different to yours.

Your comments are extremely venemous and all over a few people getting a bit excited over one thread. I agree it looks daft but please don't judge us all by one thread.

We all help each other out and are a very friendly group. We are not all bearded real ale drinkers (although some are and good luck to them). We have a very similar ethos to yourselves.

I certainly would not judge all of you by one thread made up of half a dozen members.

All the best to all Locost builders and in fact, any Lotus 7 replica builders/owners.

Cheers

Daren
Aged 36 and 1/2.

David Jenkins

posted on 5/10/06 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
I'd guess that most Hoodies buy their kits expecting to be able to build them without having to get involved with structural issues. This would explain why they're wandering round like headless chickens, so to speak. They have my full sympathy...

The difference on this forum is that there are a large number of members who started their venture fully expecting to have to tackle structural issues, and so are fully prepared to debate/talk/argue about such things. We're probably more tuned into them, generally, and will cheerfully help others who are struggling.

David

P.S. Is the 'lightweight' really 600kg? My rather-lardy Locost weights that much!

UPDATE: redfive's message came in while I was typing mine, and it made me ponder an idea: Is there anything we can do on this forum to help the RH Lightweight owners? We do have a lot more experience in structural issues, after all. Usual disclaimers would have to apply, of course ("Whatever you do to your chassis is your own responsibility" and so on).

[Edited on 5/10/06 by David Jenkins]

Pdlewis

posted on 5/10/06 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
I didnt mean to offend anyone its just every time I go and look at somthing on the forum (which is helpful) you can almost garentee reference is made to someone who is a member of the forum but not of the owners club as if they shouldn't be there. Its not my intention to judg just find it entertaining as I can ask anything i want on here and would never get any real greef for it!!
diyer

posted on 5/10/06 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
I started that Thread, and yes i agree with everything that has been said - (almost). It does get very clicky it seems, hence i didn't join. I have got my SVA and just thought it would be a good idea to try to put a structure together to help other people. They seem to have a bit of an aged feel to themselves sometimes!!! And i do think 'Duracell Dave' is not particulary helpful!!!!

Hug a Hoodie!

Coose

posted on 5/10/06 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
I've been keeping my trap shut about that thread until now, but it does seem a bit bizarre to me that the first response to the initial (and very valid in my book) post was to instantly shoot down the idea!

As there is obviously a serious problem with the lightweight it would make sense for all of the owners (and anyone who has anything constructive to say about it) to join together to resolve it - that's what happens here!

Even though my Striker isn't technically a locost, I like to think I sometimes do what I can to help anyone who has a problem (though sometimes I'll prod with a pointy stick instead, but then again who doesn't on here! It's all harmless banter.... ) and I have never been told where to get off! Well, not yet anyway....

As someone has already said here, maybe Locostbuilders can come to the rescue and give some advice if needed?

Spin 'er off Well...

stevec

posted on 5/10/06 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
They must be strong though but!
And it was me who had the initial discussion with "Diyer" about getting Lightweighters to get together to sort SVA issues.

[Edited on 5/10/06 by stevec]

JoelP

posted on 5/10/06 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
battery bill certainly gives you a good first impression... NOT!

as he says though, im sure he's lovely when he's not behind a keyboard.

Pdlewis

posted on 5/10/06 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
Hi diyer

Your only just up the road from me, Im in Market Bosworth would be nice to see your lightweight sometime see what the fuss is about

Cheers

Paul

nick205

posted on 6/10/06 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
Where's Syd when you need him?
scotmac

posted on 6/10/06 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Where's Syd when you need him?

Shhhh...he'll see this and then put another kitcar company out of business!!!!

[Edited on 6/10/06 by scotmac]

Syd Bridge

posted on 6/10/06 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Who have I put out of business?

And Robin Hood Sportscars are damn fine automobiles, .......for the particular section of the market which they choose to inhabit!!

Cheers,
Syd

scotmac

posted on 6/10/06 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Raceleda comes to mind...

[Edited on 6/10/06 by scotmac]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.