Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Parts from america
JackNco

posted on 8/10/06 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
Parts from america

hey all me again

Ive just been presented with an opportunity, a friend of mine who lives in the states will be coming and going across the pond once or twice a month and has agreed to bring a few parts across for me.

So before the opportunity disappears does anyone know any good American companies to get parts for a Zetec engine?

Im thinking...
camshafts/springs?
Light weight pulleys and crank wheel?
anything else u recommend?

John

Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I'm worried about the difference between wrong and fun.
O'Rourke, P.J. (1989), Holidays in hell. London (Picador)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
SeaBass

posted on 9/10/06 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
A lot of bike parts seem quite cheap in the US. Maybe get him to bring back a few sets of throttle bodies to punt on.

Cheers

Phil.J

posted on 9/10/06 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
Where abouts is he located in the States? I may need something bringing from Michigan in the near future if he is willing and near.
paulf

posted on 9/10/06 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
If you need an ECU it may be worth getting him to bring a megasquirt kit or built unit over, there are a few suppliers of kits for them in the US but postage and import tax adds a fair bit to them if importing.
Paul.

Kissy

posted on 9/10/06 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
Vortech do a supercharger kit for the Zetec; pound is still fairly strong so could be a good buy...
http://www.focussport.com/supercharger.htm

JackNco

posted on 9/10/06 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SeaBass
A lot of bike parts seem quite cheap in the US. Maybe get him to bring back a few sets of throttle bodies to punt on.

Maybe, there not exactly expensive over here though. but ill look in to it

quote:

Where abouts is he located in the States? I may need something bringing from Michigan in the near future if he is willing and near.

Hes in boston. ill ask him if he fancies setting up a courier service for a small profit for people but hes on companie flights so i dunno how much he woudl want ot but ill ask

quote:
If you need an ECU it may be worth getting him to bring a megasquirt kit or built unit over, there are a few suppliers of kits for them in the US but postage and import tax adds a fair bit to them if importing.
Paul.

Im going megajolt as im gonan set up on carbs but i may get him to bringa few over as the dont way much

quote:

Vortech do a supercharger kit for the Zetec; pound is still fairly strong so could be a good buy...

lol the pounds not that strong, im planning a locost build. i do wunder how hard it would be to make one of those kits though. ive got a procharge booklet here and its just a pulley wheel geared up at 4.7:1 to the charger on a T6 compressor. so if i can gt my hands on a cheap S/H turbo i may have a go at it.

Also there kit boosts up to 8PSI without an intercooler, ive always been told past 6 u need one?

Thanx for all your help guys

John

[Edited on 9/10/06 by JackNco]

Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I'm worried about the difference between wrong and fun.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MustangSix

posted on 9/10/06 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
The 1900 CVH was used extensively here from the mid-eighties to present. A crank and rods, possibly even a complete engine would be dirt cheap and as I understand it, the CVH is the foundation for the Zetec engine.

JackNco

posted on 9/10/06 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
lol he comes over with a bag on a flight........ i think an engine would be pushingmy luck!

Simon

posted on 9/10/06 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
Bugger, I was gonna suggest an LS1 lump

ATB

Simon

Fred W B

posted on 10/10/06 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
Have you checked out the prices in the states for those sexy Willwood brake parts?

I bought from Bill Whelan at

www.precisionbrakescompany.com
Precision Brakes Company
476 Applegate Way
Ashland OR 97520
Phone: (541) 488-2604
Toll Free: (866) 992-7253
Fax: (541) 482-2873

examples

- 260-3372 master cylinder 5/8 bore is 62.50
1- 260-3374 master cylinders 3/4 bore is 62.50
1 -340-1757 Bias bar assembly only 55.49
1-340-4990 Remote bias adjuster 41.60
1-270-2016 Quick release steering hub 3/4 inch shaft 24.31

above prices in dollars

Cheers

Fred W B

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.